Suttons International Singapore Pte Ltd
Warehouse & Drumming Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002958095
Warehouse & Drumming Manager
This role will be accountable for managing and coordinating the daily warehousing and drumming activities.
This person will be based in Singapore.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, drumming and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse and drumming equipment by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by motivating, recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Lead the team to achieve KPI’s in respective functions
- Creation and execution of project work plans in support of new projects
- Support development of the management strategy and plans, including resource, systems, timescales and financials to support Sutton’s annual business plan and long term strategy
- Design and review internal process frequently to identify gaps
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints
- Collate and prepare statistics and trends reports for management and customers
Support the development, management and monitoring of standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure the following specific aspects:
- Implement the management strategy and plans, including resource, systems, timescales and financials to support annual business plan and long term strategy
- Maintain systems to measure performance against agreed standards
- Monitor performance according to standards and take necessary action to communicate/ advise/ assist the respective department according to performance levels.
- Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of the operational process internally
- Contribute to the planning and management of logistics activities in accordance with agreed budgets and timescales
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and service providers and build appropriate relationships
- Maintain proper documentation with all the supporting documents
- Analytical thinking with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Independent and a team player with initiative, willingness to learn and take on responsibilities
Be able to multi task, self-driven, hard-working and result-oriented with good quality of work.
Reliable, committed and determined. Keen for new challenges and experiences, responsibility and accountability.
Able to build good relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls
Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry
Good people management and coordination skills
Specific Job Skills
- Candidate must possess at least with an Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Degree in Logistics Transport / Freight Forwarding / Logistics Management and/or Information System Technology and Management related to Logistics, preferably with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in Logistics or manufacturing industry
A Warehouse/Drumming Manager requires knowledge and understanding of all areas of the supply chain, budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls
A strong sense of responsibility in ensuring accountability and standards
Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure
Must be computer literate with necessary software experience to carry out duties (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
Capability to lead and manage a team
Fluent in Language and written skills (English), Ability to communicate and motivate well via high standards of written and verbal communication
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to read and analyse data and other written information
Able to work beyond normal working hours, including weekends
Can start work immediately or on short notice would be an advantage
Work location – West