VP, Risk Manager, Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002988209
Employer Ref. 160001YR
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Overall in charge of the risk and control team that is managing process improvement programs and risk mitigation initiatives for the department.
- Manage the department’s process improvements and quality programs by participating in research / advisory services, including capturing of organizational metrics and analysis;
- Perform data analysis or polices/standards/procedures review to ensure compliance;
- Communication of new policies and standards to relevant teams
- Identify and implement preventive measures for process improvement, evaluate potential operational risks
- Track process improvements or issues to ensure timely closure;
- Provides timely update and status reports on progress of projects / new activities / initiatives
- Liaise with various stakeholders to ensure NPA/NPA Lite are completed timely, issues (if any) are highlighted before implementation and properly signed off
- Provide technical expertise/consultation for process improvement and quality assurance to project managers and other IT teams;
Audit & Risk
- Participate and coordinate in internal/external audit activities. Liaison point for the stakeholders, IT teams and auditor and do timely status reports and escalation to senior management for potential audit issues
- Work with application teams to investigate on risk incidents and process breaks, review audit findings and propose solution for improvement.
- Monitor outstanding risk items and audit issues to ensure proper ownership and follow-up
- Perform risk assessment and identify mitigation controls for the risk areas identified
- Partner with application managers to ensure risk areas from Risk Events are properly and effectively mitigated
Privileged ID Management
- Provide technical expertise/consultation on matters related to management of functional privileged IDs and id administration to vendors and application teams;
- Run the day-to-day operations and tasks of ID control team. E.g. Ensure all privileged ids are lodged into cyber-ark (software password vault), handover to id management , review of privileged ids privileges and usages
- Act as liaison for IBG Technology with Group Risk / Compliance / Legal / Audit for Outsourcing Risk Management
- Assist the technology service delivery manager in managing outsourcing partners (internal & external) in the area of risk and control.
- Work with internal stakeholders and vendor to review and streamline the work processes of the bank and vendors
- Conduct validation checks for Outsourced Service Provider (OSP) to ensure the outsourcing risk exposure over the key processes are in control and within risk appetite
- Mitigate outsourcing risk to acceptable level and recommend follow-up action or facilitate risk acceptance
- Timely submission of outsourcing risks reports and escalation to senior management for ‘poor’ or ‘fail’ rating
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are regularly monitored and met
- Ensure documentations and processes complies with regulatory requirements and bank’s policies and outsourcing framework
- Provide regular feedback to management and service partners on workflow improvement to improve, security controls, change quality, service quality, cost effectiveness and risk management.
- Conduct briefings or lessons learnt relating to Outsourcing Risk, Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Regulatory requirements
- Minimum a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline from a recognized University;
- At least 10 to 15 years of working experience in the IT industry and lead a team to provide support to internal stakeholders;
- Familiar with Applications Delivery Life Cycle, Project Management best practices and IT Controls
- Good understanding of security issues, operational risks and process improvement in the areas of technology and business
- Experience in IT audit or CISA certified preferred or operational risk management and control self assessment
- Have a strong control and process management mindset, meticulous with eye for details and ability to perform deep-dive investigation and crunching for control and process issues
- Ability to facilitate workshops and/or focus groups;
- Proactive team player with ability to work independently and equips with excellent communication (both spoken and written), presentation and business writing skills in English;
- Able to manage stress and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to collaborate within a team, at various levels of stakeholders from the operating level to the senior management across locations
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritise tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge of the Banking Act – Banking Secrecy, Bank's policy and guidelines, Information Security Policy, Anti-Money Laundering, Cyber Security and etc
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.