VP, Delivery Manager, Consumer Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002989374
Employer Ref. 160001Z2
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
We are seeking an experienced senior delivery manager for supporting transformation projects.
The role is responsible for end to end engagement, delivery and 3rd level support for the Cards platform. The role includes responsibility for delivery by leveraging domain expertise, technical expertise, assets and infrastructure, and to deliver to budget, timeline and quality outcomes including asset health maintenance and contributing to the stability of production systems.
- Deliver change (through enhancements, BAU, initiatives) on time, within budget and aligned with appropriate change framework while maintaining quality and stability.
- Consistently plan for accelerated pace of change of delivery.
- Ensure that all financial metrics for the platform are correct and take an active part in maintaining a transparent and correct financial position for the platform.
- Drive the formation of asset roadmaps, with a process to update and maintain all relevant assets to enable investment and project spend decisions.
- Drive a commercial ethos within the teams by actively managing costs and seeking to introduce cost savings.
- Put in place and lead initiatives for the platform that results in increased value to the business.
- Ensure proper resource planning is in place and use resources optimally.
- Ensure platform documentations and artefacts are current, relevant and correct.
- Ensure technical solutions are in-line with overall platform roadmaps, thereby reducing technical debt and maintaining a platform that is fit for purpose.
- Drive industrialisation of the platform through appropriate tools and frameworks.
- Enable delivery by introducing/using fit for purpose delivery frameworks to deliver quality and timely solutions cost effectively, utilising a variety of tools and processes.
- Provide and build a strong 3rd level support team and processes ensuring production stability of assets under management.
- Put in place relevant metrics to measure output, quality and performance for the team(s).
- Actively work with and manage a wide range of stakeholders in the business, technology and outside the bank, on new initiatives, planning, delivery issues, escalations, critical success factors and escalations for resolution.
- Work with and manage product vendors, focusing on (including but not limited to) deliverables, commercial terms and alignment to strategies.
- Work closely with business stakeholders across all levels to deliver on long term strategies, and aligning technology to business goals.
- Manage any direct reports, ensuring correct performance metrics are set and regular interventions are in place to achieve quality outcomes.
- Lead, motivate, coach team members to obtain the best performance from them.
- Actively drive a culture of learning in the team, with particular focus on technology and domain.
- Create enhanced delivery capability in-line with technology and business goals, including across geographies when required.
- Develop intelligent, high performant teams that are engaged and collaborative, promoting excellence, and drive down underperformance.
- Make or facilitate the making of decisions in a timely manner.
- Share, leverage and re-apply skills and knowledge towards delivery.
- Proven track record (over 12 years) of delivering large and complicated projects and programs to agreed project parameters in the Cards and Unsecured Loans domain
- Proven capability of leading teams across sites and geographies
- Proven experience of working with business and technology stakeholders across all levels to achieve successful outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, leverage networks and drive project to successful completion
- High level of drive, integrity, persistence, edge, can-do attitude, pro-activeness and maturity
- Ability to influence, negotiate, lead and work as a team player to deliver
- Extensive project management experience. Ability to work in an AGILE environment is an added advantage
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Having an understanding of how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other is an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
Analyst, Regional Credit Risk & Portfolio Management (Group Consumer Banking & Wealth Management), Risk Management Group