VP, Data Scientist, Consumer Banking Group
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002982868
Employer Ref. 160001XO
We deliver a comprehensive suite of innovative banking services and financial solutions to individuals, ranging from the man-in-the-street to the mass affluent. Providing sound wealth management and financial advisory services, we help our customers make informed decisions about their money and are committed to helping them plan and achieve their life goals. Products and services within the Consumer Banking Group include loans, credit cards, investment and unit trusts, insurance and priority banking.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for identify business needs and developing the ideas into data science solutions.
The role will be responsible for research, develop and implementation of data science solution as well as engaging the stack holders to experiment with use cases and integrating the successful solution into analytic and marketing operation.
- Analytical and data architecture – understand and articulate the pros and cons of different approach. Able to engage IT in discussion of design and implementation of analytical architecture on hybrid environment of Hadoop / Teradata / SAS and Spark / R / Python.
- Understand the strategic business needs and propose analytic solutions that can improve the key area. Engage the business owner to work on potential use cases, layout the key hypothesis for the idea to work and how to validate the hypothesis.
- Research, propose and develop the analytic solutions to as proposed, including designing experiments to test and refine the solution.
- Develop and deploy the solution in data science analytical cluster to support large scale experiment and live test to meet the needs for full scale production. Guide the IT team to implement the solution into production once proved successful.
- Engage, convince and help the business owner to make necessary change in current process to integrate the new solution into the analytic and marketing operation
- Share the knowledge and coach the junior staff
This role is highly hands on and requires the candidate to combine strategy, theory and data science practice in turning the visions into reality. Below are examples of some hands on task you will undertake as a data scientist:
- Data acquisition – lead the assess of data and technology requirements for various projects, including identify the required data elements, build data pipeline to integrate data from multiple sources into data science analytic environment, profile the data, cleansed and integrate into the analytic data environment for effective access.
- Data evaluation - design and build processes for evaluating and leveraging a variety of new incoming datasets, including unstructured data sets such as text
- Modeling - develop models and perform statistical analysis to predict customer behavior in R, Spark, SAS or Python.
- Evaluate the experiment results including develop customized program to perform back test and simulation for solutions such as recommender engines
- Present key findings to stakeholders with actionable recommendations
- Share your knowledge and train other analyst / data scientist in your expert are
- Degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, decision science, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred.
- Expert in machine learning and data engineering. Demonstrated experience on analytic experience with large amount of data, which lead to actual implementation of the model / solution in operation.
- Able to keep up with the development of tools, techniques and algorithms related to analytics and machine learning.
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a perceptive team player who can manage multiple senior stakeholders
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.