VP / AVP, Technology Analytics Lead, Core BI Tech, Technology and Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003033288
Employer Ref. 160002AQ
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Responsible for the technical design of BI systems including data preparation/ETL, analytical model development and data visualization.
- Examine and evaluate BI & analytics requirements for various business units across the organization.
- Apply architecture and engineering concepts to design solutions that adhere to organization standards and cater for re-usability, scalability, maintainability and security.
- Adhere to all applicable Enterprise Data Platform development policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide educational/mentoring assistance to project teams and others.
- Collaborate closely with Platform and Engineering teams and assist engineers, when required, to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Rapid response and cross-functional work to deliver appropriate resolution of technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- Contribute to analytics strategy and architecture that will align investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools and capabilities.
- Working with cross-functional teams to discover and develop actionable, high-impact data analytics requirements and opportunity statements in a variety of core business areas.
- Assess tool implementations and architectures in the Analytics & BI space, reviewing for gaps against business needs and industry best practices.
- Contribute to business process design and re-engineering impacted areas.
- Provide oversight to analytics and data warehousing activities in the team to ensure alignment of priorities, coordination of inter-related projects and ensuring success stories are leveraged.
- Effectively communicate analyses, recommendations, status, and results to both business & technology leads.
- Lead proof of concepts to create break through solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses to drive iterative learning’s.
- 2+ years’ experience in architecture and solution design for Advanced Analytics in the Big Data space.
- At least 6 to 10 years of working experience, preferably in banking environments
- Familiarity with key technologies and concepts, e.g. SAS, R, Spark, QlikView & Business Objects is necessary
- Candidate with experience in Analytics and BI architecture, preferably in support of Analytics Data Warehouse is preferable.
- Thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies; including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation Techniques.
- Working knowledge of AIX/Linux O/S environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale business intelligence implementations loading into and reporting on multi-terabyte sized enterprise data warehouses.
- Expanded/multi-discipline skills should be demonstrated; judgment and decision-making being critical/necessary skills with the expectation to handle complex challenges and assignments.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
Senior Associate / Associate, Business Analyst (Risk Infrastructure), Risk Management Group