Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineer
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineer is responsible for the architecting, design, provisioning, installation, configuration, security, maintenance, administration, and support of desktop virtualization solution.
This is a hands-on position that requires intimate knowledge of enterprise class infrastructure technologies that provision global virtual desktops. Assist in standing up and maintaining a VDI development lab. Work as part of the engineering team or individually to design, implement, install, configure and support broad range of Vmware and Microsoft (MS) based enterprise systems including but not limited to Windows Servers, MS products (e.g., AD, Domain Controller, Exchange, SQL), and Unified Communications in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- BS Computer Science or related discipline and 4 years experience in VMWare / MS .
- Support a highly virtualized server and desktop environment with recent hands-on experience with Vmware Horizon based solution.
- Implement, integrate and support a growing Horizon VDI infrastructure from Hypervisor to Virtual Desktops to Thin-client devices. Integrate and support MS Windows enterprise systems including but not limited to Windows Servers, Outlook and SQL Server.
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery Solutions based on Storage Replication and\or VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Monitor virtual environments using VMware vRealize Operations.
- Plan and allocate capacity and forecast growth based on usage patterns.
- Conduct Patching operations across the Horizon Infrastructure.
- Prior Experience with Citrix XenAPP will be a plus.
- Experience with load balancing solutions especially F5- Networks will be a plus.
- Strong problem solving and time management ability.
- Develop infrastructure solutions in support of projects and operational needs.
- Familiarity with Cross Domain solutions.
- Administration of Windows server platform.
- Familiarity with System Center Suite, VMWare suite of management products.
- Familiarity and understanding of Active Directory and Windows GPOs.
- Enterprise IT migration experience (Windows Server, Windows, email, Active Directory, SharePoint, Applications, and/or Network.)
- Performance tunign and optimaization (Load balancing, resource allocation, remote users.)
- Continuity of Operation (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR.)
- Integration of desktop unified communications (Instant messaging, VOIP< Video teleconferencing.)
- Administration of Windows Server.
- Desirable certifications: Microsoft MCSE certificates, VMWare VCP\VCAP certifications.