Video Producer, Office of Integrated Information Technology Services
Singapore Management University
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003029241
- Media Project Management: Work with faculty and departments to plan and execute video case studies, video recording requests, requirements, estimates and timelines to support teaching & learning, and/or research objectives.
- Media Portal Management: Streamline media management across university. Import, organize, and search through rich-media, manage university media in one central repository, perform bulk ingestion and upload, manage metadata, design and configure players, create playlists, view analytics, configure live streaming, syndication, access control through standard or custom roles and permissions.
- Media Production: Handles video and audio recording equipment. Performs location scouting for videos at various sites, complex video and audio editing, and generates graphics, special effects and animations for videos. Facilitates the execution of live recording including publishing presentations, polling, and synchronization of live feed with presentation.
- Media Analytics and reports: Derive insights to successfully manage SMU media content. Use reports to gain business insights, understand user trends and learn if your content discovery and exposure strategies have paid off. Gather high-level figures, usage reports, or drill down to user- or video-specific information (Content Drop-off, Content Interaction, etc).
- Media Archival: Automatic transcoding of media content, routing of appropriate content for various mobile devices. Support SMU users for uploading video from different devices: desktops, smartphones and tablets
- Media Streaming: Planning and delivery of streaming media with audience interactivity. Ability to upload and manage faculty or department generated content on cloud managed streaming services like Kaltura, YouTube, SoundCloud and other related platforms.
- Media Publishing: Extend SMU’s reputation on the world wide web by publishing, embedding, and live-streaming media on SMU public web properties
- Media Administration: Generates standard post event reports as required. Manages the video and webcasting calendars and workloads
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, minimum five years’ experience.
- Experience in media production and planning including client relationship management.
- Knowledge of video camera filming, lighting and audio techniques, streaming media, podcasts, and other media platforms
- Professional expertise in camera and audio operations as well as live broadcasts and video editing (Avid Adrenalin, Premiere or Final Cut Pro).
- Proven customer service skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships, provide client deliverables and exceed client expectations
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities as needed, proven ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials/documents
- Strong communicator, creative, self-disciplined and highly industrious.
- Enjoys working in a growth oriented, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment.
- Proven attention to detail, time management, and problem solving skills resulting in the successful management of contractual obligations, client expectations, team management, and operational excellence
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Singapore Management University
About Singapore Management University
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The ''family-like'' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.