Video Editor, Current Affairs (Editorial) - 1-Year Contract
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987724
Employer Ref. ID=1350
- Undertake all aspects of video editing for long form programming (Documentary and Current Affairs) including video effects, motion graphics, typography and multi-track audio editing.
- We are looking for candidates with experience in basic colour correction/grading knowledge.
- Have a good understanding of TV production and practical and current knowledge of non-linear editing
- Have a good understanding of file/digital video formats and mastering techniques.
- Have good initiative and able to suggest alternative production techniques to optimize equipment usage
- Must be creative, technically inclined, prepared to work irregular shift hours and able to work well under pressure.
- Work closely with the editors in a FCP and Avid environment
- Diploma in Film, Sound & Video or its equivalent with a keen interest in TV production.
- Those with experience in non-linear editing and colour grading and are familiar working with file formats such as P2HD DVCPro100, AVCI, XDCAM HD etc will have an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Be prepared to work irregular hours, weekends and public holidays
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. Mediacorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.