Vice President, Strategic Planning
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002986395
Employer Ref. ID=1364
- Assist Head Strategic Planning to develop strategic plans and roadmaps for MediaCorp business
- Participate in the evaluation of M&A opportunities (e.g. definition of term sheets, initial valuation)Identify, research and recommend new directions and opportunities for growth
- Keep in step and even ahead of developments, emerging technologies, trends, competitive environment and regulatory changes of the media industry
- Guide and review business planning and optimization of resources across the business units
- Degree in business or equivalent from a good University; MBA qualification is a plus
- Minimum 8 years of business experience. At least 3 years of hands-on regional business development, strategy consulting and/or strategic planning experience preferred
- Possesses good knowledge of business and social culture of Asian markets. Strong track record of leading projects and business initiatives. Proven ability of mobilizing resources and support across a corporate environment with multiple business units
- Good knowledge of the media industry is an added advantage
- Strong business acumen
- Proven project management expertise
- Strong strategy development skills
- Ability to conduct market, industry and company research
- Ability to develop financial models and perform evaluation of target companies
- Possess numerical and analytical skills and ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment and within tight deadlines
- Proven M&A and due diligence expertise
- Possess maturity, high integrity, energy and team spirit
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with good command of English and preferably another Asian language
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.