Mercuri Urval (Asia) Pte Ltd
Our client is an innovation commercialization company that invents, discovers, invests in, and incubates innovation-based medical technologies. As intensely hands-on investors, they are involved in all aspects of their portfolio companies from technology development to business building. Simply stated, they create and develop companies to improve the human condition. Our client is currently looking for a high caliber candidate to join them as:
Vice President, Business Ventures
(Based in Singapore)
Vice President, Business Ventures (Based in Singapore)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003034141
EA License No 03S3079
Deal flow management
- Search and identify new companies / venture opportunities from universities, research institutions and/or entrepreneurs’ community.
- Screen investment opportunities in new companies from technical and business prospects.
- Negotiate and complete investment contracts.
- Prepare investment recommendations for the investment committee.
- Work with companies and provide support in their submission of grant applications to relevant government for approval
Actively involved with portfolio companies in building business models and developing marketing strategies and plans for portfolio companies, and in helping the portfolio companies to execute those plans. This includes:
- Understanding of the market through market research.
- Mapping of the market opportunities.
- Preparing and conducting market surveys.
- Identifying key players, opinion leaders and potential strategic partners.
- Identifying appropriate conferences and trade shows and assisting in setting meetings at said events.
- Monitor and assist the companies in business analysis and marketing/business development planning and execution.
- Prepare marketing materials, business plans and financial models with the assistance from the Finance, Admin & Operations.
- Assist portfolio companies in finding potential customers and partners and in creating and managing the relationship with them.
- Prepare investor presentation and work with the company presenter(s) on maximizing their presentation skills.
- Assist in identifying potential investors.
- Degree in Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Sciences, Biotechnology or Medicine.
- MBA or CFA is preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience in management positions in medical device companies in business development or marketing functions. Candidates with prior experience in similar roles including experience in venture investments related to medical devices are also encouraged to apply.
- Independent and self-motivated, possess strong analytical and research skills, strong team player but is able to work independently and meticulous with good attention to detail.
- An exciting opportunity awaits a candidate looking to build a strong business and operations, and leave a mark and make a difference in a very dynamic company and geography.
- A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate.