Vice President (Regulatory Reporting - Insurance Industry)
BGC Search – FA
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003033132
EA License No. 12C5983
- Oversee the day to day operations within the Entity Financial & Regulatory Reporting team focusing on staff management, resource allocation and process improvement;
- Oversee the timely and accurate month end closing of financial accounts and related reconciliations for Singapore entities;
- Deliver financial, regulatory and MAS reports adhering to Singapore reporting requirements. Ensure compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on an accurate and timely basis;
- Establish and maintain a robust financial reporting system and process to ensure information timeliness and accuracy;
- Development and management of appropriate internal controls and risk management procedures;
- Streamline/change work processes for continuous improvement on the work process to improve efficiency;
- Guide and coach team leads to improve on work processes, internal controls and clear long outstanding reconciling items;
- Liaise with external auditors on audit matters, co-ordinate audit process as well as preparation of reporting packs to Audit Committees and Boards;
- Undertake research on FRS and regulations (Insurance Act, RBC or SGX) having an impact on reporting of Entity Financial Statements and regulatory returns, oversee the implementation of changes that impact the accounting system for reporting purposes; and
- Assist with any adhoc requirements as they arise and lead / participate in any other projects as assigned.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with minimum 5 years of supervisory capacity.
- Candidates with insurance industry experience have an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards and insurance regulation in
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently and works well under pressure to meet tight
- reporting timelines;
- A self-starter who is goal-orientated, resourceful and have a can-do attitude;
- Strong analytical, numerical and meticulous, have an eye for details;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player with good people management skills and leadership skills; and
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office application, especially MS Excel and system application.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to BGC Search – FA
About BGC Search – FA
BGC Search is an international recruitment and search firm that identifies and delivers human capital solutions, a key aspect to every successful company's growth. We strongly believe that the quest for talent is not transitory, but continuous, and also in fostering enduring relationships built on trust for both employers and job-seekers - key factors in every company. Through established offices in Singapore and Hong Kong, BGC Search is committed to driving our clients’ successes. Through our people-oriented approach, we initiate and build strong partnerships and serve as a valuable extension to our clients' businesses.
BGC Search Pte Ltd (EA License No.: 12C5983)
Address: 10 Collyer Quay, #06-07/08/09/10 Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315
Tel: 6557 0707
Fax: 6557 0606