Robert Walters Plc is an award-winning specialist professional recruitment consultancy with a global presence across 25 countries. Here in Singapore, we specialise in placing candidates on a permanent or contract basis in the following specialties: accounting & finance, banking & financial services, legal, human resources, information technology, sales & marketing, secretarial & business support, supply chain, procurement & logistics and technical healthcare.
Valuation Control - Benchmark Rates
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002989026
Employer Ref. 1019110/001
An exciting contract Valuation Control - Benchmark Rates job has just become available at a leading international bank based in Singapore. The organisation operates over 1,500 branches and offices in over 60 markets globally.
About the Valuation Control - Benchmark Rates role:
In this role you will will work closely with the front office, compliance, market risk, finance and project managers in a new function set up to monitor benchmark rates submitted by the bank.
- Run the BAU controls, reporting and escalation process for the post-submission validation of benchmarks submitted by the bank
- Support the project team on valuation control related matters, such as requirements, UAT, workflow processes
- Validate rate setting algorithms implemented in system
- Document workflow processes, test results and validation results
- Coordinate UAT, system documentation and system implementation
- Engage with key stakeholders including front office, compliance, market risk and project managers
To succeed in the Valuation Control - Benchmark Rates job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior business leaders.
- Two to four years' experience depending on the hiring levels
- Have a good understanding of money markets, FX, equities, commodities and rates products, which include pricing and relationships between traded instruments
- Bachelor's degree in a Finance related field (Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, and Finance), financial market related professional qualifications such as CFA, FRM, ACT, ACI considered a plus
- Awareness of the LIBOR abuse and recommendations from the various agencies (HM Treasury, EBA, HKMA and RBI) would give the candidate a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with governance frameworks and equipped with a control mindset
- Excellent Microsoft Office, VBA and SQL skills will be a distinct advantage
- Able to work independently, excellent interpersonal and coordination skills, able to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to cope within tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve issues would be a key attribute
This international banking group needs no introduction and is recognised globally, operating over 1,500 branches and offices in over 60 markets. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Valuation Control - Benchmark Rates job. Please apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1437519 Ben Holman