Technical Support Specialist
Amadeus Hospitality Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002959349
This role provides frontline support and installation services to customers of Amadeus Hospitality. The primary responsibilities are to respond to incoming calls or requests from support contract customers as schedule and call volume warrants. From there to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Amadeus Hospitality applications, or to escalate those according to the established standards and procedures. Success in this role typically requires exceptional customer service attitude, technical troubleshooting skills and passion in problem analysis and solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
Responding to incoming support calls or requests
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve issues related to Amadeus Hospitality supported products
- When resolution is not achievable in line with performance metrics, escalate all issues to the next support tier
- Work closely with other specialists and cross-regional support teams, communicate and document known solutions to problems or issues
- Ensure excellence in communication of all work related information to both supervisors and colleagues
- Document all client-related issues in an easy to understand narrative format as per the standards and procedures into a computerized tracking system
- In the case of a severity one issue (site down), the case should be immediately escalated according to the severity one standards and procedures
Handle conflict situations in the best interest of both Amadeus as well as the client
- Be an advocate of Amadeus Hospitality to clients and external bodies whilst bringing any shortcomings to supervisors attention
- Derive and execute own decisions as appropriate per the standards and procedures
- Respect and execute decisions of supervisor
Maintain technical and application knowledge of all supported products
- Maintain advanced technical and application knowledge of all supported products through hands-on experience, internal and external training
- Maintain knowledge of hardware and software as appropriate to the role
- Specialize in two or more Amadeus Hospitality supported products
- Maintain proficiency by advocating and taking initiative for own additional training as needed in the Amadeus Hospitality product range and self-development
- Maintain product knowledge through Amadeus Hospitality eLearning materials and internal technical documentation
- Read all provided periodical documentation
Assist in identifying technology and general areas needing improvement within the department and products
- This role may assist in testing on various Amadeus Hospitality products
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- This role may assist in the training of newly hired specialists
- Work with non-support personnel on various client problems or issues
- Other appropriate responsibilities as assigned by the team supervisor
Hours of work
- Office based, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm with one hour for lunch.
- Hours may vary occasionally to meet business and cross-regional training needs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status of position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Good command of Mandarin and English in view of business communication
- Current Salesforce.com experience and certification an advantage
- Working experience in customer service within a technical service / call centre or helpdesk environment, supporting software applications on Microsoft technologies
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree holder in any of the relevant disciplines such as Information Technology, Information Management, or equivalent education and experience
- Working knowledge of PCs, MS Windows Operating Systems, Windows Servers and networks
- Experience using remote troubleshooting diagnostics, such as Webex, VPN and etc.
- Experience using issue management / knowledgebase system, such as Salesforce, Microsoft Technet / KB and etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Great telephone skills with good customer service ethics; positive and professional manners over all channels of communications (telephone, emails and etc)
- Good listening skills – able to listen to understand others without interrupting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- The ability to build professional trust and respect with customers and coworkers
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new software applications, networking, and hardware components
- Able to work under pressure and handle difficult customers
- Able to work both individually under minimal supervision and as a team
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Amadeus Hospitality Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
About Amadeus Hospitality Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Since 1985, Amadeus Hospitality continues to deliver proven business solutions for empowering hospitality organizations to lower costs and increase revenue, while improving customer satisfaction and guest loyalty.
With more than 40,000 installations and 150,000 users in over 154 countries worldwide, Amadeus Hospitality technologies are a cornerstone in the global hospitality industry. Offering solutions for sales and marketing automation, customer relationship management, catering and events, guest loyalty, workflow management, and property maintenance, Amadeus Hospitality enables hospitality professionals to work smarter and better manage all aspects of their transient, leisure, groups and meetings business.