You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Technical Support Officer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002959686
Employer Ref. 00480
- Surveying of both the interior & exterior of buildings and their environment through the use of various types of scanners, cameras and UAVs.
- Post-processing & quality control assessment of surveyed data.
- Performing of 3D point cloud extraction from photographs through photogrammetry, surface-from-motion or other techniques.
- Creation of 3D models from existing 2D GIS data & 3D point cloud data.
- Coordination of the maintenance of operational & research equipment.
- Planning, coordination and execution of project data accessibility, security, documentation and archival.
- Assistance in other areas of project administration, presentation, collaboration & publicity efforts.
Applicants should have the following:
- Diploma or Degree in the area of Surveying, GIS, Architecture, Engineering, Computing, 3D Animation, Game Design or any other relevant discipline.
- Relevant experience or present portfolio of past 3D models (preferably of building interior/exterior) created.
- Knowledge/Experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar professional photo editing software.
- Experience with SketchUp, 3DS Max, ReCap, Revit, Solidworks, CityEngine, PointFuse, Pix4D, MeshLab or other 3D or BIM related software is required.
- Experience with some form of programming would be an advantage.