Saudi Aramco Trading Singapore Pte Ltd
Technical Support Engineer (Elastomers)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002959640
Saudi Aramco Trading Singapore, a wholly owned subsidiary of Saudi Aramco Products Trading Company, supports the holding company by providing sales & marketing, business development, market intelligence services as well as engineering support services for the Asia Pacific region. There is now an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our new team as Technical Support Engineer (Elastomers).
He/ she will be working with multiple functions to support the sales and marketing of engineering plastics. The scope of the role includes technical support in complaint management, product/application development, customer qualifications & training.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring that he supports the EPDM & TPO/TPV Sales groups within the business.
Actively support the sales & marketing functions.
Pre-sales activities such as technical advice, competitor grades analysis, value against competing materials, application development, qualifications etc.
Post-sales activities such as complaint management, troubleshooting etc.
Mapping competitive products and maintaining an active database of the same.
Liaise with relevant stakeholders on the development of new products/ applications based on market/ customers’ requirements (‘market pull’) for various regions.
Ensure customers’ satisfaction.
Ensure the implementation of relevant corporate policies (e.g. legal and safety) and conduct regular (annual) reviews of compliance in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
Participate in relevant global exhibitions and trade shows with the regional sales managers.
- Recognised University degree preferably in Engineering
- 10 years’ experience in Technical Support, preferably in engineering plastics or specialty elastomer sales or in a similar industrial environment.
- Prior experience in technical support function within the EPDM industry supporting molding & extrusion customers is important
- Excellent understanding of EPDM processing methods in extrusion, compounding & injection molding.
- A good understanding of the various end segments and the value chain of the EPR/ EPDM markets is important.
- Prior exposure to and a sound understanding of automotive industry standards such as TS 16949, and the qualification procedures at various OEMs and Tier-1s are essential.
- A good understanding of post-processing methods such as surface modification, printing etc., which are relevant to resolving troubleshooting complaints, is an advantage.
- Commercial experience in the relevant products with sizeable regional or global sales revenue responsibility.
- Good understanding and prior experience in technical troubleshooting methodology.
- Good understanding and prior exposure to material and part testing methodologies and related standards.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good written & spoken communication skills to convey technical results and conclusions to internal and external target audiences.
- Proven track record of execution and delivery of results.
- Good understanding of key business financial processes.
- Commercial acumen.
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please apply with your CV stating your experience as well as current & expected salary.