With a global footprint comprising of Asia, Europe, Middle East & Africa and the Americas, FCI is well renowned and respected for our technological leadership, as well as innovative connector and cable assembly solutions.
We design, and manufacture a wide array of hi-tech connector solutions for various market applications, including telecommunications, data storage and servers, consumer electronics, medical, industrial & instrumentation, as well as renewable energy.
Technical Lead (1 Year Contract)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003153482
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and train the Magento development team, focusing on continuous improvement & operational support for our website. Please note that this is for a 1-year contract.
The Magento Senior / Technical Lead will be responsible for
- Continuous Improvement Introduce continuous improvements to the website by bringing in best practices, new functionality and enhancements based on the business requirements.
- Operational Support Daily Monitoring, Ensuring Stability & Fine tuning of the web application infrastructure appropriately and handling of the production support tickets as applicable.
- Evaluate the existing architecture and design of our eCommerce offerings built on the Magento platform and recommend improvements along with design, development and implementation of changes and enhancements acting as the technical lead/ individual contributor.
- Translate functional requirements from business users into sound technical designs that meet business objectives.
- As the Magento subject matter expert, pro-actively recommend new functionality and enhancements to the marketing team.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a lead to help mentor / train other application developers as a subject matter expert so that over time they improve their knowledge with the Magento platform.
- Working with the infrastructure team, recommend architecture changes to improve performance and availability.
- Code promotions
- Application patching
- Performance tuning
- Should have a passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
Skills / Know How
- Passionate about web, ecommerce and delivering a best in class customer experience on the web.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge on OOP system architecture and experience working with PHP platform or framework such as Zend, Symphony, etc.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Proficient with data modeling and developing SQL queries
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Must demonstrate strong collaboration, team working and influencing skills – across functions, businesses and geographies.
- Able to influence and negotiate.
- Willing to challenge the status and continuously drive for improvements.
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical ability
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity with a strong work ethic and able to work independently.
- Able to take ownership and use initiative, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Language skills – fluent in English
- Overall 5+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of developing front-end and user interface code for web sites.
- 5+ years of PHP experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Magento and developing eCommerce solutions built on the Magento platform.
- Able to create new Magento extensions will be an added advantage.
- Should have knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap framework.
- Knowledge of Payment Gateway Integration.
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts, LAMP Stack and Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience in consuming REST APIs from third party applications for integration with Magento.
- Experience using Version Control tools such as SVN / GIT code repository.
- A portfolio with live links to sites that you have developed previously (preferred).