Team Lead, Actuarial (Pricing)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002983172
Employer Ref. 14959
Reporting directly to the Head of Pricing, this position is responsible for managing and providing pricing, product development and feasibility assessment needed to support the Life business, ensuring each of these businesses meet targeted profitability each financial year and pricing is done in accordance to AIA internal guidelines.
- Supervises and reviews product pricing and profit analysis, ensuring assumptions are prudent and financial projections are in line with pricing philosophy.
- Provides product implementation support by vetting through product collateral, ensuring they are in line with pricing intent.
- Provides Agency compensation structure review support including review of new recruitment package and special projects.
- Undertake campaign analysis which includes evaluating profitability, customer and FSC incentives and reinsurance impact.
- Provides the necessary mentoring and coaching to enable staff to learn from the job and perform with minimal guidance.
- Degree in Actuarial Studies / Mathematics & Statistics
- At least 8 years of working experience in a direct life insurer, of which at least 3 years are spent in a pricing position and with at least 2 years of managerial experience
- Professional actuarial qualification from a recognized international actuarial body (qualified or near qualified)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Experience working with Prophet, SQL, Visual FoxPro.
- Experience working with Statistical modeling tools like SAS or R
Interested applicants, please submit your application online via our careers page.
About AIA Singapore
AIA is one of the pre-eminent and the largest listed life insurance groups in the world with an exclusive focus on the Asia Pacific region. This size, leadership position and regional presence across 18 geographical markets can offer you greater exposure to new experiences and opportunities for growth and development. We have a clear vision and throughout the company’s 90 years of history, we continue to change and transform for the future and for the better. In addition to playing an important role in supporting and preserving the economies of markets where we operate, the very nature of the insurance industry is all about providing protection to people when they need it particularly during difficult times. The people at AIA are all committed to working together with this common moral purpose and take great pride from what they do. If these propositions appeal to you and if you are proactive, forward-looking and innovative, consider a career at AIA.