Guangdong Shunde Desheng School
Guang Dong Shunde Desheng School formerly known as Shunde Yizhong Desheng School has an illustrious history of achievements and has consistently ranked as the top school in Shunde based on its sterling academic results.
In 2011 the school, under the visionary leadership of Mr. Chen Ji Ye, Chairman of Deming Educational Investments Co. Ltd., started the International Education Division in Shunde Yizhong Desheng School and concurrently launched the International Standard English Language Programme to raise the level of English Language to the First language level for selected students who have set their eyes on an overseas education in the future.
In 2012, the new High School was launched as part of his vision to ensure that the school will always be relevant and striving to achieve its best. Our first batch of high school students will take the Senior high School Examination in 2015.
Building upon its success the school has been accredited by the Cambridge International General Certificate for Secondary Education (IGCSE) and has also registered with International Baccalaureate Organisation to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
The ShundeYizhong Desheng School was established in 2001. The school celebrated its tenth anniversary on 18 December 2011 with pomp and pageantry for its many outstanding accomplishments. With just a brief history of 10 years, it has already made its mark in terms of academic standing in the Shunde district. Emerging as a top school in the district based on its sterling results achieved consistently in the annual Junior Middle School examinations, the school continues to surge forward in providing the best educational experience for all its students.
Not resting on its laurels, the school continues to be innovative and in September 2011, it launched the International Standard English Language Programme (ISELP) to raise the standard of English Language to First Language level for selected students who have their eyes on an overseas education in the future. It is in this spirit of enterprise that the school has also commenced implementing its own High School from 1st September 2012. At the same time, the International Education Division was formally established. Concurrently the ISELP was extended to JiaxinXishan Primary School, a subsidiary of the parent organisation, Deming Education Investment Co. Ltd.
In order to facilitate students’ understanding of internationalism and to have an international outlook, the International Education Division which comprises a highly competent team of educators is led by Dr OngTeck Chin, an Oxford graduate as its Chief Executive Officer. The school is accredited with the internationally recognized Cambridge International General Certificate for Secondary Education (IGCSE) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). The IGCSE and IBDP will enable our students to apply to renowned universities around the world.
Teachers ( "A" Level / IBDP)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002818153
About the school:
In Desheng School (www.desheng-school.com), our International Education Division (IED) is always looking for suitably experienced teacher to join us. Under our school management’s strategic plans, there will be ample opportunities for professional development and career progression.
We are currently recruiting for teachers who are committed to being role models to our students and to be able to teach creatively.
We look for teachers who are able to live and breathe our School Philosophy and to groom our students to become scholars, leaders and global citizens of tomorrow.
We have several teaching vacancies in the following groups and subject areas:
1. Science Department:
- Few years of teaching experience in Cambridge A Level
- Familiar with IBDP Science subjects will be an added advantage.
2. Math Department:
- Few years of teaching experience in Cambridge A Level
- Familiar with IBDP Math subjects will be an added advantage.
3. IB Core Curriculum Department:
- Familiar with IBDP TOK subjects will be an added advantage.
Application for Subject Teacher:
For Subject Teacher, typical tasks that may be carried out include:
- classroom management such as discipline, cleanliness and;
- lesson plans and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
- conduct remedial lessons for weaker students;
- Form teachers duty and evening class duties;
- preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises;
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written assignment;
- preparing of SOW, devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources;
- organising and getting involved in social and cultural activities such as sports competitions, school activities, excursions, local and overseas education trips ;
- attending and contributing to training and sharing sessions;
- participating in students recruitment for the school;
- basic administration, such as preparing report books, class register and attendance records.
- Able to keep clear vision and high expectations focusing on students' achievement.
- Able to advance the standards of students’ achievement.
- Constantly monitor and support all students' progress and be accountable for that progress.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriate, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying within the department.
- Candidates must have a recognized University Degree(s) in the relevant subject.
- Appointments will be for Academic Year 2016 / 17 in China > Guangdong > Foshan > Shude district
- Cambridge IGCSE or IBDP trained teachers, or
- MOE Teachers with PGDE from NIE
- Training will also be provided for selected candidates without relevant IBDP or A Level subject teaching certification.
- Competitive salary that is comparable to Singapore schools.
- 1 x two ways return air tickets per one contractual year to home country.
- Housing allowance for singles, married couples and family.
- During your employment, full subsidies for school fees (max 2 children) for 4 years IGCSE program and 2 years IBDP program.
- One year 3 weeks of holidays during winter school holidays and 4 weeks of summer school holidays (with salary).
- Variable performance bonus to maximum of one month peg to your performance.
- A working environment that is conducive and very similar to Singapore.
- Working with teachers from around the world and some top Singapore schools.
We thank you for your applications and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.