Tamil Documentary Adaptation Producer (News Segment)
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002986422
Employer Ref. ID=1548
- Be involved in discussion with the documentary team and contribute ideas
- Assist in some aspect of the documentary production where relevant
- Translate English script into vernacular language
- Organise filming of key interviews in vernacular language
- Source for vernacular headlines to replace English version
- Translate and replace graphics in vernacular language
- Source and arrange for voiceover talents
- Edit programme
- Prepare final script for post-production complete with full commentary, interviews and nat sound
- Oversee post production to ensure quality for broadcast
- Produce and edit programme trailer
- Translate/write synopsis
- Liaise with channel on broadcast details and ensure requirements are met
- Assist with language adaptations of interstitials
- A degree in related discipline
- Need at least 3 years of production experience
- Strong in language skills
- A Team player
- Resourceful and tactful
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.