ATOS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
Atos is an international information technology services company with annual 2011 pro forma revenue of EUR 8.5 billion and 74,000 employees in 48 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting and technology services, systems integration and managed services. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail, Public, Health & Transport, Financial Services, Telecoms, Media & Technology, Energy & Utilities.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting & Technology Services, Atos Worldline and Atos Worldgrid. For more information, visit: atos.net
Systems Support Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003034563
- Participate in the gathering of user needs, applications and system requirements in order to design, monitor, and maintain computer systems.
- Assist in manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to define system topology, operating policies, standards, procedures and guidelines covering all aspects of Systems Management;
- Assist in the installation of new hardware (including servers, storage and system components) and operating system, application software;
- Participate all related systems administration and operation tasks such as setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords, fixing software faults, and performing regular systems maintenance;
- Work with system engineers to perform and improve application or database performance due to bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with vendors to implement software fixes;
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower human intervention time on any tasks;
- Ensure the highest systems availability through proactive monitoring of systems usage, and putting forth recommendations to strengthen systems integrity through hardening the access control;
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Perform 2nd and 3rd level support;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
- Evangelise and raise greater awareness in system engineering through conducting briefing, training and educational activities within the organization
- A new graduate from an accredited higher learning institution locally or abroad in Computer Science or Information Science;
- A good working knowledge in either Linux, Unix or Window OS is added advantage;
- Have a keen interest to pursue a long term career in Systems Engineering;
- Must be able to communicate well with a good proficiency in English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;