Systems Planner (Finance IT)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003186854
Employer Ref. 483-233
- You will be required to work with IT division, IT vendors and key users to implement new Finance-related systems and enhance/support existing systems to meet users’ operational and business objectives.
- You will be required to identify potential areas for automation, review and streamline processes, conduct feasibility studies, carry out cost/benefit analysis, prepare business requirements, evaluate application software, conduct systems testing and user acceptance testing, document operating guides and procedures and conduct end-user training.
- The job includes provision of operational support for production systems, assistance to users and resolution of system usage, access management and authorisation issues.
The systems in use currently include SAP FICO, Treasury and GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) modules, Bank accounts administration, Capital and Operating Budget systems and IBM Websphere-based Finance Portal.
You should have a degree (with Honours) in Computer Science, Business IT, or equivalent and able to communicate well with users on business requirements and IT staff on system technicalities. Prior experience in handling systems described above would be an advantage. You should have project management, analytical, problem solving and good interpersonal skills. A flair for details is necessary for this position.
Please complete a copy of our application form and submit it together with your online application via our recruitment system.
We thank all applicants for their interest and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About Singapore Airlines Ltd
Singapore Airlines (SIA) is a global airline dedicated to providing air transport services of the highest quality. Committed to fleet modernisation, product and service innovation as well as market leadership, SIA has evolved into one of the world’s most respected travel brands.
Singapore Airlines has come a long way since our founding in 1972, evolving from a regional airline to one of the most respected travel brands around the world. We fly one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world to destinations spanning a network spread over six continents, with our Singapore Girl as our internationally-recognisable icon providing the high standards of care and service that customers have come to expect of us.
We have made a habit of leading the way, and along the way developed a reputation for being an industry trendsetter. Our ever-growing list of industry-leading innovations includes the following firsts:
- First to offer free headsets, a choice of meals and free drinks in Economy Class, in the 1970s
- First to introduce satellite-based inflight telephones in 1991
- First to involve a comprehensive panel of world-renowned chefs, the International Culinary Panel, in developing inflight meals in 1998
- First to offer audio and video on demand (AVOD) capabilities on KrisWorld in all classes in October 2001
- First to fly the A380 from Singapore to Sydney on 25 October 2007
Why Join Us
Spending on training exceeds S$125 million each year. Training expenditure per employee far exceeds the national average.