IT Riders is an international IT Consultancy and IT staffing solutions provider with head office based in Singapore and branch office in Malaysia. We specialise in all type of IT staffing services and have a strong history of top line manpower solutions from Singapore, Malaysia and from other countries (through our counterparts & associates) to a large number of reputable employers for their projects in Asia Pacific & Middle East. Our steadfast commitment to serve our clients with utmost efficiency and responsibility has become our hallmark.
With years of experience from successful IT staffing and with a well-experienced team to select perfect candidates for our esteemed clients, we have no doubt in providing an outstanding service to our business partners. Our mission is to provide excellent service and solutions tailored exactly to the requirement of our valuable clients as we believe that this is a key for a long term success and relationship with them.
We are seeking for talented individual for the following position:
Visit us @ www.it-riders.com
Systems Engineer / IT Support Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002983963
EA License No. 10C3618
Job Descriptions (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Field engineer responsible for handling support issues on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Platforms and VMware Virtualization Platform residing on Cisco / Dell / HP / IBM x86/x64 Architecture Servers with Cisco MDS / Brocade SAN Switches coupled with EMC / HDS / HP / IBM / NetApp SAN storage
- Responsible for all external customers support matters in relation to servers and storage systems
- Handle technical support calls from helpdesk for desktop, servers and storage matters Under take escalation for servers and storage related matters from level 1 helpdesk
- Perform level 2 on site troubleshooting and hardware field replacement works for servers and storage systems
- Perform basic networking activity such as replacing router and switches
- Handle after office hours escalation for servers and storage related matters on standby duty days
- Responsible for updating technical documentations for configuration changes made via helpdesks and/or managed services customers
- Respond to incidents and be at customer’s site within 4 hours upon receiving of support escalations tickets
- Responsible for opening and closing of support tickets when applicable
- Responsible for providing timely updates to helpdesk personnel and customer for
- support cases that has been allocated to you
- Work closely with various team of engineers for troubleshooting in relation to servers and storage incidents
- Candidayte must possess Diploma or Degree in either or related to Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information Technology Sound understanding of theoretical concepts about personal computers, servers and storage technologies
- Exhibit strong enthusiasm in learning and keeping up with new technologies
- Candidate from Large Corporate (Internal IT), MIS Department, Systems Integration or vendor environment is preferred but not mandatory
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in operational support, systems administration and troubleshooting for x86/x64 architecture server on Microsoft Windows Servers and VMware vSphere virtualization platform
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in supporting and administration of SAN storage from either of the Dell, EMC, HDS, HP, IBM and NetApp vendors
- 1 to 2 years of experience in handling Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop or VMware View virtual desktop platform and thin clients is preferred but not mandatory
- Mandatory technical administration knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Clustering Services, Exchange, Symantec Backup Exec, Endpoint Protection, NetBackup, VMware vSphere vCenter and etc…
- Desire technical administration knowledge in Acronis True Image, Backup Suite, CA ARCserve, Commvault Simpana, SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold, IBM Lotus Notes, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, System Center, Veeam Backup and Replicate, Oracle, Splunk and etc… is preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge of basic scripting languages in Visual Basic / PowerShell or Perl / Tcl/Tk is a plus
- Knowledge of basic Cisco and TCP/IP networking is preferred
- Knowledge or exposure to Data Centre, Managed Services, Firewall / Packet Filtering, Monitoring, IT security or IT audit environment is a plus
- Mandatory of at least two (2) certifications in CompTIA A+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA
- Storage+, CCENT/CCT, CCNA Routing and Switching, MCP, MCSA, VCP or equivalent
- Desire technical certifications but not mandatory ITIL, MCSE, RHCA, Symantec STS, EMC ISA, NetApp NCDA, Citrix CCA and etc
- Ability to understand customer challenges and issues to be able to address them in a systemic manner within stipulated SLA to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to independently analyze data, derive solutions to problems in an analytical, logical and technical sound manner when required
- Excellent if not strong interpersonal skills with ability to articulate and communicate professionally in writing and speech
- Process a positive can do with great initiative attitude and the ability to work in a fast pace dynamic environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills based on leading internal technical discussions and client interaction
IT Support Engineer (Contract)
- Provide first level support for infrastructure issues (wired and wireless) including network equipment, projectors, computers, IP PBX and phone
- sets; Perform diagnostics to isolate issue and correct it if it is manageable, else escalate to relevant vendor(s) or second level of support team
- (internal) to resolve it.
- Follow up diligently on assigned IT service request.
- Plan, coordinate and implement office renovation projects related to network equipment, projectors and cabling works for computers and
- phone sets.
- · Manage the respective vendors to perform preventive maintenance on existing hardware and applications including system patching
- · Assist in security audit exercises relating to hardening, security tests, network scan, health checks, etc.
- · Coordinate with vendors to keep documentation up-to-date.
- · Participate in AAR (After-action Review)
- Relevant Diploma / Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electronics Engineering.
- Mandatory hands-on experience in MS Windows systems and servers
- Mandatory hands-on experience for structured cabling
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Good verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills
- Occasional traveling is required to support branch offices
- Expected to have own mobile phone
- Preferably with 2 years of relevant experience with project management skills
- Preferably with knowledge and experience in Alcatel IP PBX OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server and Nice Recording.
- Preferably familiar with SIP, and IP hard phone / soft phone / Analogue Phone implementation, QoS for VOIP.
- Preferably familiar with Database, LAN, WAN, WLAN network, and SAN storage.
- Preferably with technical certification e.g. Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise, MCSE, PMP