Systems Engineer (System Technology)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003186843
Employer Ref. 793-233
- Manage IT Infrastructure projects, ensuring the projects are delivered on time, on budget and without major defects.
- Provide technical support and solutioning for IT projects, ensuring the implementation of reliable, scalable, high performance systems which meet our Architecture, Audit and Security guidelines, and will enable business continuity at minimum cost.
- Maintain Database software currency and to explore alternatives, to ensure the deployed products meet the operation and security requirement as well as to reduce the operating cost.
- Work with outsourcing vendors on incident/problem management to reduce Database incidents or to shorten the incident recovery time.
- Work with outsourcing vendors on capacity management to improve operation efficiency and to reduce IT operating cost.
- Degree in IT related discipline
- Minimum 8 yrs of relevant experience in Database Design and Administration (Oracle or MySQL), including experience in database performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Some degree of technical capability in other IT technical areas (network, servers, security, middleware).
- Ability to manage vendors to ensure standards & timely delivery
- Have business acumen
- Influencing and networking skills
- Interpersonal relationship skills, with ability to resolve conflicts and maintain team coherence
Please complete a copy of our online application form and submit it via our recruitment system.
We thank all applicants for their interest and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
About Singapore Airlines Ltd
Singapore Airlines (SIA) is a global airline dedicated to providing air transport services of the highest quality. Committed to fleet modernisation, product and service innovation as well as market leadership, SIA has evolved into one of the world’s most respected travel brands.
Singapore Airlines has come a long way since our founding in 1972, evolving from a regional airline to one of the most respected travel brands around the world. We fly one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world to destinations spanning a network spread over six continents, with our Singapore Girl as our internationally-recognisable icon providing the high standards of care and service that customers have come to expect of us.
We have made a habit of leading the way, and along the way developed a reputation for being an industry trendsetter. Our ever-growing list of industry-leading innovations includes the following firsts:
- First to offer free headsets, a choice of meals and free drinks in Economy Class, in the 1970s
- First to introduce satellite-based inflight telephones in 1991
- First to involve a comprehensive panel of world-renowned chefs, the International Culinary Panel, in developing inflight meals in 1998
- First to offer audio and video on demand (AVOD) capabilities on KrisWorld in all classes in October 2001
- First to fly the A380 from Singapore to Sydney on 25 October 2007
Why Join Us
Spending on training exceeds S$125 million each year. Training expenditure per employee far exceeds the national average.