System Engineer (2 years Direct Contract)
Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003187139
Employer Ref. 01U37
The System Engineer for our Government Infrastructure Group is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting systems for the Whole-of-Government level. You will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrates superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring highest levels of availability, performance and security. This requires close collaboration with cross-functional team members.
What to Expect:
- Manage, configure and maintain all installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Install, configure, test and maintain OS, software applications and system management tools
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services
- Provide L2 and L3 support
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server, workstations, MS Exchange, SCCM, VMware, monitoring tools and other software applications
- Good written and communication skills with the ability to present well
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service mind-set.
About Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies. Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.