Robert Walters Plc is an award-winning specialist professional recruitment consultancy with a global presence across 27 countries. Here in Singapore, we specialise in placing candidates on a permanent or contract basis in the following specialties: accounting & finance, banking & financial services, legal, human resources, information technology, sales & marketing, secretarial & business support, supply chain, procurement & logistics and technical healthcare.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003149435
Employer Ref. 1168000/001
An exciting System Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected IT Service Firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Technology, this is a role for a technically strong System Engineer.
About the System Engineer Role:
In this critical role you will be responsible for the underlying systems' architecture design, planning and maintenance of the client's biometric platform, delivering the highest quality of service alongside your team members.
- System architecture design and resource planning for a biometric platform built on Cloud
- Maintain server and network infrastructure in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities, while maintaining high availability
- Good team work with engineering team
- Dive into detail and develop effective documentation
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
To succeed in the System Engineer job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with internal stakeholders across borders and internal matrix abd be willing to travel for work.
- Seven years or more relevant experience in System monitoring
- Past datacenter experience is required
- Experience in troubleshooting server and network hardware required
- Ability to diagnose server issues down to the sub-system level, both remotely and local
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python/etc)
- Familiar with popular cloud computing platform and products
- Highly developed skills in organisation, time management, relationship building
- Strong oral/written communication skills in both English and Mandarin - Mandarin is a must because the oversight in this role includes a China client portfolio
- Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision-making
This IT Service firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. They are expanding rapidly in Asia and are looking for talents who will mould the future of the firm.
If you are driven, determined and ready to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1109068 Ling Xiang Lee