System Engineer (Linux)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003033337
EA License No 08C2893
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Monitors systems through multiple monitoring tools to proactively address system issues before they have the potential to cause outages ranging from file system clean up to replacement of various hardware
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Assist and respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated.
• All other linux administration responsibilities as assigned
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma / Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering or equivalent
• Possess one or more of the following technical certification or equivalent:
o Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
o Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
• Possess a minimum of 2-5 years in-depth Linux (Redhat and Novell) administration experience in an enterprise level environment.
o Strong Knowledge with experience in RedHat Clustering.
• Good knowledge of ITIL service management methodology.
• Good knowledge of System management tools and practices such as Puppet, SCOM, HP Management Suite and Linux Patching (Red Hat Satellite).
• Good knowledge of Network communication protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RPC, SSH, etc.) including the ability to analyse the network issues.
Interested candidates, who wish to apply for the above position; please send in your resume and attention to DVT.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by our consultants.
• EA license no.: 08C2893
• REG No: R1438554