Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003027164
Employer Ref. SG03888
This role requires an in depth knowledge of x.86/server platform, virtualization and storage technologies with the ability to accurately identify and resolve infrastructure issue. Good hands-on experience with the build and configuration of all aspects of server platforms is essential.
- To deliver linux / unix server infrastructure as per agreed solution designs
- Successful delivery of projects end-to-end; to install, configure, implement the linux / unix services as per project requirement including integration of backup and monitoring with standard infrastructure, and up-keeping backup and recovery procedure and the security aspect of the linux / unix infrastructure.
- To ensure that operational processes are followed, project inventory is updated promptly and documentation is in place before the systems are handed over to operational teams.
- To provide post build and environment support during project phase.
- Review and provide feedback to Infrastructure solution designs to ensure they meet our Standard Operating Environments
- Contribute, train and provide support to other members in the team
- Review and provide feedback about vendor solutions when required.
- Maintain standards document, standard build implementation plans and linux / unix documentation and scripts including operation acceptance checklist.
- Assist and respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of Linux systems administration, primarily RedHat, experienced in building and supporting x.86 server architecture on a virtualisation platform, ESX. Experience with SAN technologies, preferably EMC and HDS is required. The candidate must be able to work in a highly pressurized environment and able to think on their feet. Flexibility is required as there is often pressure to meet strict delivery timelines.
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably with minimum 5 years of Redhat Linux administration and engineering experience, and desirably 3 years of Unix administration experience preferably IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris
- Understanding of the major network protocols, including TCP/IP, UDP, RPC, SSL, routing and seven layers of network.
- Scripting skills using Unix Shell, or Perl or Python
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies VMWare ESX/ESXi/KVM
- Thorough understanding of core protocols and services such as: DNS, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP, TFTP, PXE, NFS, SSH, inetd, NTP, LVM, rpm package management, SUDO and kickstar.
- Understanding of SAN & NAS technologies
- Understanding and experience on satellite, puppet, git and window enterprise support will be plus
- Experiences with the following infrastructure technology
- IBM P7 and Oracle T4 series of servers
- Virtualisation technologies such as Vmware, IBM lpar and Oracle Solaris ldom/container.
- 3Par storage and Veritas Backup
- Must have significant demonstrable experience in a system delivery role in a large enterprise environment
- Must have significant demonstrable experience in deploying Linux servers on a virtualised X.86 platforms.
- Experience on HP servers/ IBM Blades and other x.86 hardware platform hardware setup and configuration.
- Experience with managing and supporting ESX farms
- Experience with managing and supporting IBM P770 lpar and Solaris ldom/containers.
- Platform build, administration and support experience.
- Demonstrable scripting skills in Shell or Perl
- Good understanding of database technology (Oracle, MySQL, Gemfire), Hadoop/Bigdata
- Effective written and oral communication skills including presentation skills and documentation abilities, able to work independently and result oriented.
- Attention to detail in ensuring methodologies are followed/implemented
- Must be a good team player and willing to take ownership
- Ability to identify, analyse problems and suggest improvements identified in their own area of responsibility and implementing those with a recognized business benefit.
- Analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, performance driven and to imposed deadlines and to contribute effectively within a team environment
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in priorities and workload.
- Customer service focused and requirements driven. Commitment to continuously improve productivity and customer service levels.
- Creativity, open-mind and passion for identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to accept a wide range of responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team in a paced and high demanding environment.
- Able to work during weekends due to system downtime.
About Parkway Hospitals Singapore Pte Ltd
We are a leading healthcare organisation in Singapore with a team of professionals dedicated to providing the highest standard of quality care and services. If you share our commitment and possess the drive to excel, we would like you to join us as :