Zenith Infotech is part of the US$ 85 million, Zenith Group. Zenith specializes in Software Development, IT Turnkey Projects, Product Engineering, Embedded Systems Design, IT Professional and Consultancy Services.
Zenith Infotech is also a software products company developing next generation products for IT infrastructure management, security and systems recovery. Over 400 professionals work with us across the globe in USA, Singapore, Australia and our offshore development centers in India.
Over 250 clients which include several Fortune 500 companies and major government organizations, use our products and services globally.
For more details, please visit our corporate website: www.zenithinfotech.com.sg
System Administrator / Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002986654
EA License No 09C2988
Employer Ref. KC-Sys Admin
Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Accountable for the following systems: Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), Windows, UNIX (AIX and Solaris) systems. Middleware includes WebSphere Application Servers, WebSphere Message Queue, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Red Hat JBoss A-MQ. Backup software includes Veritas NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, HP Data Protector that support MSI/LTA infrastructure.
Responsibilities on these systems include operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware,peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, and related administration tasks.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as
- Provide 24 by 7 technical support per request from various constituencies. Investigate, troubleshoot issues and provide professional recommendations and solutions.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Managing, maintaining and supporting Middleware and other application software implementations and solutions. (WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Message Queue, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Red Hat JBoss A-MQ) Maintenance
- Develop new and/or maintain existing backup policies and schedules according to operational and business requirements.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Review and evaluate software security and its related risks. Plan and implement security patching as needed.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports LTA/MSI infrastructure per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documents.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Involve in the Disaster Recovery planning and execution of DR procedures during simulated dry runs and actual disaster runs
Technical Expertise and Knowledge Required :
- OS : Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris
- Middleware : WebSphere Application Servers, WebSphere Message Queue, Tivoli Directory Services, WebSphere Network Deployment Manager, Edge Server, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Red Hat JBoss A-MQ, Red Hat Directory Server, Red Hat JBoss Web Server.
- Backup software : Tivoli Storage Manager, Veritas Net Backup, Acronis, HP Data Protector
- Storage: V7000 SAN
- Others include VMWare, Tape Library, BOE, Web Server, HACMP, HMC, SAN Switch, UPS, Samba, Flashcopy, VIOS, Red Hat Virtualisation, HPE StoreOnce
- Windows Desktop installation, configuration and support
- SeP Deployment
- Unix shell and VB scripting