Firmenich is a leading international company with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Our reputation for excellence as a creator and manufacturer of specialty chemicals, flavors and perfumery products is recognized worldwide. From our award-winning fragrances to our irresistible candy ingredients, our team has been combining experience and innovation to perfume and flavor our clients' products for our mutual success. Their passion has not only helped create many of the world's best-selling perfumes, cosmetics, household products and food & beverage selections, it's the major reason for our success as the world's largest private company in our industry.
We are inviting applications for the following position:
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003033484
- Ensure optimum supply to meet or exceed service goals while meeting inventory objectives.
- Monitoring of inventory levels and provisions, conduct root cause analysis with action plans to reduce excesses and obsolescence.
- Provide accurate and timely submission of reports
- Act as the lead interface between commercial and all other departments on escalations.
- Work closely with Production Planners and Material Procurement Planners to review and mitigate slow moving inventories and discontinued materials write offs.
- Prepare, attend and present:
- Sales & Operation meetings (Capacity Utilization, slow moving inventories, advance/ adoption/cancellation/ discontinuation notices etc) for business decisions
- Monthly write-offs with plant controller, regional and global Planning.
- Monthly review with Demand Planner to perform demand supply gap analysis and supply capacity analysis and to come to an agreement to develop a production and inventory plan based on agreed manufacturing strategy.
- Maintain data quality
- Drive, support and participate in planning projects and encourage continuous improvement
- Utilize fact based approach in challenging assumptions inconsistent with process/ strategies and highlight risk and opportunities.
- Work closely with various functional teams, both globally and regionally to ensure site balancing of materials are carried out timely.
- Review intra-companies purchases and advice the correct purchasing route.
Any other tasks that are required by the planning manager as deemed necessary.
This role requires the candidate to be independent, pro-active, persuasive, target, deadline and results driven.