You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Specialist Associate, Building & Facilities Management
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960674
Employer Ref. 0049F
Duties & Responsibilities (Technical Support)
- Investigate, diagnose, advise and supervise the architectural, building and structural works of contractors to ensure best industry practices are adopted. These works can be related to rectification of water seepages, leakages, drainages, pre-mature dilapidation of fixtures, ironmongery renewal, re-tiling, painting, jointing and fixation works.
- Represent the Infrastructure team in setting a high standard of workmanship by demonstrating how it is to be done to the contractors and handymen team.
- Roll-out and take ownership of a preventive and corrective maintenance programme for architectural, building and structural works.
- Update and take administrative custodian ownership of infrastructure inventory such as the Furniture, Fittings and Equipment (FF&E), appliances, Operational and Maintenance (O&M) manuals, AS-built drawings and stores/consumables.
- Assist the Project Manager in coordination and supervision of minor improvement works, renovations and Addition and Alteration (A/A) to ensure adherence to budgeted time, cost and quality workmanship.
- Initiate and attend periodic meetings with other operational key stakeholders (housekeeping, landscaping refuse management, pest control, fire protection systems, lifts, domestic water transfer system, card access system, etc) to streamline integrated processes and manage the closure of trade-related feedback from users.
- NITEC, Higher NITEC, Diploma or equivalent technical qualification in Building Services particularly in the area of building, structural or architectural trades.
- At least 7 years relevant working experience
- Able to commit to work overtime and weekends during the peak periods
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite applications
- Passionate in raising quality standards for facilities management set up
- Team player with good organisational, planning and customer service skills
- Meticulous, independent and proactive