You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Specialist Associate (Education Technology)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003171526
Employer Ref. 0058U
Duties & Responsibilities
- Your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, layout, composition, color, and texture. You will use your expertise in these areas to help learners acquire knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner
- Understand faculties’ requests, learning objectives, and clarify project brief
- Communicate conceptual ideas with rough drafts (sketches, storyboards, wireframe)
- Develop graphic illustrations to be integrated in various multimedia projects (which ranges from hand-sketched character/background design, to infographic, and anatomical illustration)
- Create responsive web layouts based on user-centered principles
- Resourceful and able to source, collate, and for references independently
- Work as an integral member of our team from conceptualization, to execution, and completion
- Assist in storyboarding, art direction, producing, and filming of videos and animations. Good grasp of camera angle, lighting, rhythm and pace, story-telling in film editing.
- Diploma in Visual Communications/Media Design/Graphic Design or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in similar field. Candidates with no experience are also welcome to apply
- Strong eye for visual design, ability to produce work that demonstrates a high level of creativity, consistency and attention to detail
- Mastery of Adobe CC software (especially Illustrator and Photoshop, familiarity with Premiere Pro, Animate and After Effects will be an advantage)
- Familiarity with PHP and SQL would be advantageous.
- Videography and photography skills will be an advantage
- Candidate with O-Level biology would be advantageous
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and strong sense of responsibility and dependability
- Interested in the future of interactive media, particularly digital technology in education
- Kindly share a portfolio that best showcases your capabilities