Special Needs Coach (Day Activity Centre)
St Andrew's Autism Centre
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003185808
- Assess and evaluate the skill levels of clients
- Develop and execute clients’ Individualised Service Plans (ISPs)
- Execute and monitor the progress of clients according to their ISPs
- Manage classroom and implement behavioural intervention plans
- Execute community-referenced outing trips
- Execute events and activities for clients
- Maintain clients’ attendance and administrative records
- Plan, develop and supervise clients’ daily activities and lesson plans
- Develop task analyses and responsible for data collection of clients’ progress and managing of behaviours
- Provide progress and incident reports
- Ensure clients’ health and safety at all times
- Ensure classroom orderliness in areas of physical structure and setting up of work stations during class
- Assist clients in areas of self-care, grooming and toileting
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines and external parties in implementation and development of programmes
- Collaborate with parents, family members and caregivers to support clients’ overall growth and development programmes
- Participate in home visits to discuss clients’ interventions and other related matters
- Any other tasks as assigned
- Polytechnic diploma or equivalent with minimum 3 ‘O’ level passes including English
- Experience in direct handling of youths / adults (age 19 & above) with autism will be an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Meticulous and good organizing skills
- Compassionate and patient personality
- Team player and able to work independently
- Self-motivated and keen to develop professionally
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interact with all levels, internal and external, in a professional manner
- 8.30 am to 6.00 pm
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to St Andrew's Autism Centre
About St Andrew's Autism Centre
St. Andrew's Autism Centre (SAAC) is a non-profit, integrated centre for the education, training, and care of persons with autism and their families. Our students and clients tend towards moderate to severe autism.
A service of St. Andrew's Mission Hospital (SAMH), SAAC operates a special school for children and youths with autism from seven to 18 years old, and a Day Activity Centre (DAC) for adults aged 19 years and beyond. Both students of the school and DAC clients benefit from shared services in specialist therapies — speech, occupational and music therapy — and in varying extents, expressive arts programmes in dance, art and music.
SAAC also supports and equips families and caregivers with members with autism with knowledge and skills through a range of family services, including parent support and networking. SAAC engages in public education, advocacy and community outreach with the vision for an inclusive society.
At SAAC, staff, volunteers, and partners alike are encouraged to relate to people with autism as unique individuals — person first; autism second.
Enabling people with autism to lead dignified and meaningful lives.
Enriching the lives of people with autism and their families through quality education, training and care, distinguished by Christian love and compassion.
More Jobs from this employer