TWG Tea Company Pte Ltd implies a long history of perpetual exploration and creativity…
Offering over 800 teas from 36 different countries including countless exclusive teas all hand blended in Singapore, TWG Tea has one of the largest selections in the world. We create daring and exclusive blends, using the most fragrant flowers and fruits from Europe, the most exotic spices, and only the finest, single estate teas from remote and mysterious regions of the world.
TWG Tea sources, blends, designs, manufactures, packs and distributes high quality loose and packaged teas, teabags, tea accessories, tea infused patisseries and gourmet products, showcased in our own directly operated and uniquely designed TWG Tea salons, boutiques and retail counters, and distributed to a network of wholesale luxury hotel and restaurant customers throughout Asia, the Middle East, North America and Europe.
TWG Tea is expanding its business and is looking for energetic, innovative and committed candidates with relevant experience to join us.
Sous Chef (Pastry)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003027946
- Working closely with Executive Chef with creation and preparation of pastries
- Monitor food purchasing, staffing, food preparation and food inventory in order to control food and labour cost and waste, ensuring adherence to the budget
- Monitor and evaluate food preparation by observing baking/cooking techniques and tasting results
- Ensure that food handling and hygiene regulations are followed in accordance with NEA standards
- Ensure that quality, quantity, and correctness of food items served and displayed are as per company’s and Chef’s standard recipes
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Responsible for fostering team spirit and relationships within the team in order to create comradery, strong, positive, and supportive working environment
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- At least 5 – 10 years relevant experience in pastries
- Experience in a luxury hotel or restaurant will be an advantage
- Possess positive learning and management skills
- Creative, self-motivated and a team player
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must present a positive and professional attitude at all times
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please forward detailed RESUME with a PHOTO, indicating reasons for Leaving; Last Drawn Salary, Expected Salary and Date of Availability in MS Word format.