Soundman, Current Affairs (Editorial) – 1-Year Contract
MediaCorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987721
Employer Ref. ID=137
- Modulating and monitoring of audio for news and documentary production
- Mixing and balancing skill for different situations and environment during recording and live events
- Ability to make immediate decision on choice of microphones, recorders, mounts, etc on location shoots.
- Advise producers and reporters on audio techniques and uses
- Operate the second camera when required
- Perform basic maintenance of audio equipment
- Able to edit sequences using Adobe Premiere or other editing systems and send via FTP using broadband network or via satellite broadcast
- Set up and operate satellite communication and transmission devices and equipment during outdoor production locally and overseas
- Required to travel overseas for news and documentary assignment as and when required
- Required to work in different environment and situations, e.g. disaster zones or high risk areas such as hospitals during epidemic outbreak
- Required to drive company vehicles for outdoor shoot for news and documentary production
- Diploma in Audio Engineering preferred
- Possess Class 3 Driving Licence
- Preferably at least a year of relevant experience
About MediaCorp Pte Ltd
MediaCorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, MediaCorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, MediaCorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, MediaCorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.