Yours is the potential waiting to be unleashed. At Canon, the world's leader in technological and digital excellence, we make sure your interests and abilities are developed with full confidence of our support. Enrich your professional life with limitless opportunities and world-class exposure in an organisation that's engineered for you to flourish. If you have the ambition to grow, we have the heart to nurture. For a career that satisfies, join Canon.
Solutions Consultant ( Software)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987057
- Basic project requirement gathering, analysis and solution design.
- Work closely with solutions consultant/team to translate and craft (program) the application requirement into the deliverable solution.
- Carry out software installation/implementation/configuration.
- Involved in project solution configuration, customization or development and related solution testing.
- Provide relevant support to sales and pre-sales for solution specification, architecture, design, configuration, etc., for P.O.C., demonstrations, etc.
- Preparation/provision of project-related documentation and technical training where applicable, including maintaining records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Provide technical support and manage issues concerning software to resolution/closure. Liaise with vendors on issues and follow-up if necessary.
- Preparation/provision of related customer service/operational reports.
- Achieve and maintain an intermediate level of relevant technical, product and domain knowledge.
- Possess minimum Diploma in Computer Science, IT or related field of study.
- 2 years of work experience in a software development environment and involved in 1 complete software development life cycle.
- Proficiency in Software Development Life Cycle/Object Oriented Analysis and Design Methodology, or Agile Methodology.
- General programming skills - analyzing information, problem solving, software/algorithm design, software performance tuning, software debugging and testing.
- Knowledge in Planet Press will be highly advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server and/or SUSE Linux technologies will be advantageous.
- Hardware knowledge of large format printing devices and various print technology, color management and production printing will be advantageous
- Knowledge in print room environment and central printing workflow
- Knowledge in document and print management Variable Data Printing
- Proficiency in IT infrastructure and networking will be advantageous.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good initiative and resourcefulness, able to work under tight timelines to meet deadlines.
- Analytical, creative and quick learner with good problem solving skills who can work independently or in teams