One of the 5 Top Employers Global 2015 is recruiting! Dimension Data is also one of the leading employers in providing Quality Work-Life, Physical & Mental Well-Being. So if you want to work in an environment that stretches your potential and develop yourself personally and professionally, submit your resumes to us, and take a step forward to accelerate your ambition!
Dimension Data is a US$6.7 billion global ICT solutions and services provider for more than 6,000 clients and 26,000 employees in over 58 countries. We seek to help our clients plan, build, support, manage, improve and innovate their IT infrastructures. We combine an expertise in network integration, security, data centre solutions, Microsoft solutions and converged communications & contact centre technologies, with advanced skills in consulting, integration, training and managed services to craft IT solutions for businesses.
Solution Architect - SAP
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003183596
The purpose of the Solution Architecture (SA) role is as follows:
- Pre-sales: During the pre-sales phase of any opportunity to provide a Solution Architecture design service to Business Development, Sales, Application Management Services and Project Consulting Services organisations within Britehouse. Primary focus on SAP solution design according to customer requirement and product capability as well as planning and costing of solution execution strategy. The solutions may comprise SAP technical, SAP application software, and other Dimension Data related products and services as well as Third Party solutions.
- Delivery: during the delivery phase of an engagement to advise, guide and direct the project team as to the intention of the proposed solution design strategy. Involvement in delivery reduces as the project delivery reaches specific milestones. For example, during the Design or Blueprint phase, SA is engaged on a 4/5 model, during the Build or Realisation, SA is engaged on a 2/5 model, etc.
- SAP, DD and 3rd party service and product providers: SA is expected to keep abreast of SAP, DD and 3rd party services and products offerings in order to craft comprehensive, holistic and business requirement specific solutions to customers. As such it is expected for the SA to engage with user groups, architectural committees and 3rd party product and services providers on a regular basis in order to gain the needed skill
- Knowledge of Britehouse SSfS and Britehouse as a whole
- Traditional SAP products and continuously in touch with what is new and coming up in the market
- Business knowledge industry related, automobile, financial services, manufacturing etc
- Relationship Management
- Good writing skills
- Professional conduct
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Strong Business Acumen
- Tertiary Education - ideal
- 5 to 10 years experience as a SAP Consultant (proven track record)