One of the 5 Top Employers Global 2015 is recruiting! Dimension Data is also one of the leading employers in providing Quality Work-Life, Physical & Mental Well-Being. So if you want to work in an environment that stretches your potential and develop yourself personally and professionally, submit your resumes to us, and take a step forward to accelerate your ambition!
Dimension Data is a US$6.7 billion global ICT solutions and services provider for more than 6,000 clients and 26,000 employees in over 58 countries. We seek to help our clients plan, build, support, manage, improve and innovate their IT infrastructures. We combine an expertise in network integration, security, data centre solutions, Microsoft solutions and converged communications & contact centre technologies, with advanced skills in consulting, integration, training and managed services to craft IT solutions for businesses.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003033219
Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen. On top of that, you will get the chance to work with a great team, learn and get hands-on experience with the latest technologies.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a cross domain level knowledge Solutions Architect (SA) to embark on exciting career path to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
The Solutions Architect works across Business and Service Units within Dimension Data and must have excellent knowledge on networking, security, multi-technology software, OS’s and infrastructure design best practices in a variety of hardware platforms including distributed platforms which enables you to act as trusted advisors to the architecture consulting team on optimal infrastructure designs. The Solutions Architect design and communicate high level structure to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
What we expect you to do:
- Deliver high quality solution, technical expertise to help close sales opportunities with the client. The solution will cover the build and relocation aspects of the data center.
- Engage with clients facilitating workshops to jointly develop understanding of their environment, synthesize findings, draws and presents conclusions.
- Ensure the solution meets client requirements with a detailed and clear scope of work that can be delivered profitably.
- Develop scope of work, work breakdown, schedule and pricing for proposal.
- Enumerate and articulate TCO and ROI for the proposed solution.
- The individual is expected to manage the proof of concept (POC) initiatives, with he involvement multiple stakeholders and setup and delivery of the POC.
- Support implementation, management and maintenance of solution offerings during project delivery.
- Participate in formal account planning workshops.
- Attend sales calls with relevant clients to identify and analyze potential data center opportunities.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and mentoring to team members.
- Participate in project-specific technical teams.
- Actively participate in industry groups and forums.
The primary responsibility of the role holder is to work with colleagues and clients within complex information technology environments. They provide multi-technology consulting services to clients to analyze and provide strategies and solutions on all aspects of application software, infrastructure and related technology components. They advise and execute on the best design for information technology architectures. Their primary objective is to ensure the optimal functioning of an entity’s IT infrastructure by outlining Solutions Architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and industries, then monitoring and governing the implementation. The Solutions Architect design and communicate high level structure to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs.
In this position you will be required to:
- Outline Solutions Architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and industries, then monitoring and governing the implementation.
- Design best practice which enables them to act as trusted advisors to the architecture consulting team on optimal infrastructure designs.
- Apply design methodology principles in a logical and scientific manner to perform a detailed analysis of client requirements to create designs for conceptual architectural designs.
- Involved with a project at the time of inception and is involved in the high-level design during developing the initial requirements.
- Researches and investigates emerging infrastructure technologies and the best practices associated with them.
- Attend and present at technical conferences to ensure practice management.
- Look for additional business opportunities to address client requirements.
- Work closely with vendors to understand their roadmaps, new developments and products.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- CCIE, CISSP, VCP5/6, VCAP, MCSE or other relevant certifications advantageous
- At least 5 years' of professional presales experience related to systems design and deployment, or networking and infrastructure within a large scale (preferably multi- national) technology services environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a System Integrator environment
- A good understanding of the vast range of IT operations and Cloud service offerings
- Deep knowledge of industry verticals, i.e. manufacturing, public service, financial services
- Proven vendor management, client engagement and consulting experience coupled with solid experience in client needs assessment and change management
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Proven experience in integrating the solution for the particular project with the business domain, enterprise concerns, industry standards, established patterns, and best practices
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, etc.) and how to operate under structured project management
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have excellent technical problem solving skills, including identifying and addressing performance problems, system defects, hardware issues, etc.
- Assertive in approach coupled with confidence in area of expertise
- Ability to focus on detail with an understanding of how it impacts the business strategically
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business
- Ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously
- The ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the solution leads to business transformation
- Must be able to break down complex technical topics into common language understandable by non-technical/business oriented audiences
- Ability to develop a decision model comparing various technologies to assist teams and business clients in selecting the best fit for a technical solution
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, etc. software to create well written technical documentation that clearly articulate a Solutions Architecture
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply Today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected category.