One of the 5 Top Employers Global 2015 is recruiting! Dimension Data is also one of the leading employers in providing Quality Work-Life, Physical & Mental Well-Being. So if you want to work in an environment that stretches your potential and develop yourself personally and professionally, submit your resumes to us, and take a step forward to accelerate your ambition!
Dimension Data is a US$6.7 billion global ICT solutions and services provider for more than 6,000 clients and 26,000 employees in over 58 countries. We seek to help our clients plan, build, support, manage, improve and innovate their IT infrastructures. We combine an expertise in network integration, security, data centre solutions, Microsoft solutions and converged communications & contact centre technologies, with advanced skills in consulting, integration, training and managed services to craft IT solutions for businesses.
Service Product Specialist (1 Year contract)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987866
POSITION: Service Product Specialist (1 Year contract)
Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Service Product Specialist to embark on a 1 year renewable contract to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
What we expect you to do:
The Service Product Specialist is a non-technical presales position and will be part of the team in the business support role under Managed Services business unit. You are responsible for bringing knowledge of a particular service/product or product line to the crafting of service solutions in support of Dimension Data clients.
The individual is required to have a broad understanding of technology such as product from Cisco, Riverbed or F5 in general, enabling the effective promotion and positioning of their particular service/product in the market.
In this position you will be required to:
- Know and understand the market trends associated with the product, which will require working closely with the particular product vendor and or partner.
- Provide product knowledge input assistance for compiling client proposals and provide assistance in Request for Proposal/Request for FI responses.
- Formulate costing & sizing on the renewal orders, along with the following
- Prepare quotation with pricing benchmarking
- Perform asset true up/down during contract term
- Perform Data integrity, BOM cleansing and co-terminus of contracts
- Prepare and present P&L costing worksheet for order logging
- Be the key POC for vendor program and engagement
- Conduct internal cost review and ensure cost is optimize
- Assist to drive on-time renewal
The Service Product Specialist will engage with Engineers, Consultants and Service Architects to ensure the proper interoperability of the recommended service/product solution within the entire solution being proposed to the client.
These individuals provide first line support to ensure that uptime is managed in line with service level agreements.
The Service Product Specialist is responsible for influencing and guiding members of the Sales team to ensure that they are equipped to close deals that involve their services/product(s). The individual assists with the development and delivery of product training to client facing staff ensuring that they have accurate knowledge about the product to maximize product sales.
The Service Product Specialist has to know and understand the market trends associated with the product, which will require working closely with the particular product vendor and or partner. Individuals in this position provide knowledge support to internal (sales, engineering) and external (clients) resources. The individual will work closely with Engineers, Consultants and Projects Managers during the initiation stage of a project to ensure its success. They attend serviceability reviews.
The Service Product Specialist provides product knowledge input assistance for compiling client proposals and will provide assistance in Request for Proposal/Request for FI responses. They supplement such proposals with service literature such as service procedures, application guides and service manuals.
Individuals in this position have sound client relationship building skills. Through collaboration they contribute to the success of a team. They have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 3 years of working experience in SI environment
- General Qualification in Information Technology / Information Systems / Engineering (Diploma)
- Familiar with products such as Cisco, F5, riverbed
- Excellent number crunching and presentation skills; and very good command of Microsoft Office (ideally Excel)
- 3 – 5 years’ work related experience
- Have experience in the maintenance business will be of advantage
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply Today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected category.