Simpson Marine (SEA) Pte Ltd
Simpson Marine is well established in Asia with offices in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand.
Simpson Marine was first established in Hong Kong in 1984 to provide full-service brokerage for the local yachting community.
Today, with a team of more than 100 staff, Simpson Marine provides a wide range of yacht services throughout Asia and is the exclusive dealer for many of the world's leading yacht brands in the region. Our locations include:
Service Manager (SE Asia)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988035
Based in our office at One Degree 15 Marina in Sentosa, Singapore this is a regional role responsible for our service operation in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia. Reporting to the Country Managers in each country you will be responsible for leading the service team to deliver excellent quality service in a profitable manner
- To ensure that Simpson Marine delivers the best after sales service of any yacht sales company in Asia.
- To lead the service department to deliver excellent service to customers at all times (pre-sales and after-sales) whilst ensuring efficient work methods, departmental profitability, a strong safety culture and excellent relations with shipyards and suppliers.
- The measure of your success in achieving these goals will be when clients buy from Simpson Marine because of our reputation for excellent customer service
- Accountable for the quality, profitability and safe operation of our service departments in SE Asia – Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia
- Manage the team of technicians and admin staff in each country ensuring effective support provided to client and the Simpson Marine sales team
- Key deliverables:
- Day-to-day operation repair, maintenance and warranty work on all yachts brands sold by Simpson Marine: Beneteau sail and power, MCY, Lagoon, Viking and Sanlorenzo
- Lead the customer satisfaction improvement program to ensure 100% satisfied Customer experience
- Lead the revenue improvement / profitability program so that service operates as a separate and profitable business stream within the company
- Build a high performing, well trained and motivated team through careful recruitment and selection with on the job training and coaching
- Build strong relationships with Customers, the Simpson Marine team and shipyard personnel.
- Ensure Simpson Marine Service maintains a reputation as the leading service company in Asia
- Ensure the highest level of attention paid to running a safe and secure operation
- Certified in at least one foundation marine discipline such as boat construction, marine mechanical and/or electrical engineering, shipwright and/or shipyard engineering etc.
- Strong understanding of the various systems on modern pleasure vessels
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, including the ability to work with technical and service documentation and to act on emailed instructions from shipyards, suppliers and relevant parties
- At least five years of experience in customer service, preferably in the marine industry
- At least three years of experience in managerial position with exceptional organizational and supervisory ability
- Leadership ability to coach team members on technical issues on board and deliver appropriate testing/analytical data and reliable technical assessments of any problems arising
- Engaging and confident interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels
- A passion for customer-focused service and a drive to succeed and be the best
Competitive salary and bonus scheme in line with qualifications and experience.