CapitaTECH – A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Service Delivery Manager (Consumer Banking, FSI Vertical, Agile, Waterfall)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002957922
EA License No 08C2893
To focus on Client Relationship Management, Service Improvement and Delivery. The Engagement Manager will be responsible for achieving engagement growth (revenue) profitability (margin) and customer satisfaction by structuring and managing Service deals from the initial stage through implementation and on-going tracking.
The Engagement Manager will enter the engagement in its early stages to help identify and communicate optimal solutions based on client’s business goals and issues.
Although this role doesn’t have a sales target it is charged with assisting the sales teams with the identification of new opportunities in their accounts and understanding critical business driver.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 12+ year of related IT experience in Banking and Financial Services.
- 5+ years of experience in leading software delivery engagement in Banking and Financial Services.
- Client-facing experience in consulting firm.
- Experience working on large distributed applications and building/operating highly available systems
- Results oriented with a delivery focus.
- Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems is highly desired.
- Experience with knowledge management and handling IT transformation projects.
- Technical Knowledge in any two areas 1) Front end (Java /J2 EE) 2) Host (Manframe based systems) 3)Middleware (TIBCO) 4) Technology Infrastructure (WAS/MQ or Data Center)
- Responsibilities of this position include owning and cultivating client relationships for assigned clients.
- Responsible for managing client expectations and championing their needs.
- To assist where appropriate in defining strategic business requirements and to understand complex client and user needs
- Coordinate internal teams activities so that their deliverables are seamlessly integrated and delivered on a timely basis.
- Participate in operational processes related to specific engagements, including staffing, utilization management, forecasting, time and expense management, and billing.
- Effectively write, deliver and negotiate Statements of Work and Change Orders based on project requirements.
- Establish processes to support an engagement, including project calendar and defining deliverable and reporting procedures.
- Validate scope, conducting project kickoff and hold discussions with stakeholders.
- Must be proactively reviewing account activities and staying in synch with the Sales team to identify and grow expansion opportunities within the account.
- Should be willing to travel on-site to client meetings. Ensuring the project is implemented within contractual obligations and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing multiple client projects at one time.
- Assess/evaluate client requirements against existing programs, scope of project, manage project plan and schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to command a group of individuals and be assertive in a public environment.
- The candidate must have excellent communication and client management skills in order to maintain positive client relations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, who is able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Candidate must possess initiative to produce improvement initiatives both internally and with clients.
- A free thinker who can bring new ideas to the table and demonstrate well thought out plans to execute them.
- Flair for evaluating alternatives and deciding on a plan of action.
- Leadership abilities, across the client enterprise and in a multiple project environment, which influences clients, team members, and key stakeholders.
- Should have very good understanding on SDLC methodology – Waterfall and Agile.
- Should have executed at least 4 to 5 medium or large banking projects in Waterfall and Agile methodology.
- Should have executed projects/managed delivery for web based and digital technologies of team size 30+
- Knowledge and practical understanding of new and emerging technologies – like Digital, Cloud, Big Data etc.
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the above position, please send us an updated copy of your resume to