Senior Video Engineer
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002986447
Employer Ref. ID=1540
We are looking for an experienced Video Engineer to manage all aspects of video encoding and streaming for our online video service. You will work closely with product development, systems engineering, video workflow and network engineering teams to ensure the best possible online video experience.
You must have a very good grasp and practical experience of the end-to-end video delivery technologies, adaptive bitrate streaming, content protection. You are expected to have a keen interest in and closely following new developments and trends in this space. You shall be the resident subject matter expert for anything related to online video streaming.
- Optimise and maintain online video streaming workflow, both for Live and On Demand
- Optimise video streaming profile for different device and platform
- Debug potential video streaming issues across different platforms and protocols
- Write automation scripts to monitor, debug and efficiently operate the video streaming infrastructure
- Perform capacity planning, video resource allocation and preparation for scheduled as well as ad-hoc live events
- Deep understanding of video codecs, compression algorithms and streaming protocols
- Experienced with MPTS, RTMP, Smooth Streaming, HLS and DASH
- Experienced with shell/Perl/Python scripting in Unix environment
- video codecs, compression algorithms and streaming protocols
- Deep experience with FFMPEG and other open-source multimedia projects
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux & Open-Source based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS or Azure
- Experience with server virtualization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box), monitoring systems
- Experience with infrastructure automation software (e.g., Puppet, Docker, Vagrant)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience with at least 3 years in online video engineering.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject from recognised Tertiary Institution.
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.