Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry. It offers a broad range of technology solutions including data-driven business intelligence, mobile, distribution and Software-as-a-Service solutions which are used by travel suppliers (airlines, hotels, car rental outlets, railways, cruise lines and tour operators) and travel buyers (travel agencies, travel management companies and corporate travel departments) to plan, market, sell, serve and operate their business.
In 2013, Sabre’s technology processed over $100 billion of estimated travel spending and more than 1.1 trillion system messages. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre employs approximately 10,000 people in approximately 60 countries around the world. We serve our customers through cutting-edge technology developed in six facilities located across four continents.
The company operates three brands/businesses: Sabre Airline Solutions, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, and Sabre Travel Network.
Sabre Travel Network
Travel and tourism is the world’s largest industry, employing 231 million people; it generates more than 737 billion dollars a year in the U.S. alone. At its center is the company that moves and shakes this global industry: Sabre Travel Network®.
We connect travel buyers and sellers through the world’s largest travel marketplace, the Sabre® global distribution system (GDS). And, through advanced technological solutions and services that are uniquely ours, we bring travel to life for millions of people each year.
Our marketplace is used by approximately 400,000 agents in 130 countries, tens of millions of corporate travelers and hundreds of millions of consumers. We link travel agencies and Travel Management Companies with more than 400 airlines, 125,000 hotels, 27 car rental brands, 50 rail providers and 16 cruise lines — every type of travel supplier under the sun — enabling them to create unforgettable experiences for travelers and fuel our industry. Our marketplace helps buyers shop, book and manage travel about 1.4 billion times each day — at times processing more than 85,000 requests every time your heart beats.
SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960768
- Performs onsite installation, servicing of moderately complex equipment and systems (PCs, Printers etc).
- Delivers excellent customer support services.
- Instructs and trains customers in the operations and maintenance of the systems.
- Utilizes technical and analytical skills to solve hardware, software and network configuration problems.
- Conducts pre-installation site surveys.
- Interfaces with customers, internal departments and vendors to identify their needs and establish hardware, software and network requirements.
- Performs implementation/ troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008/ 2012.
- Performs implementation/ troubleshooting of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/ 2012.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in software, hardware technical support and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge in implementing/ troubleshooting Windows Server 2008/ 2012.
- Knowledge in implementing/ troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server 2008/ 2012.
- Experience in Basic SQL commands.
- Logical and Analytical in thinking with in depth troubleshooting skills.
BEHAVIOURS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Action oriented, quick learner and self-starter attitude
- Ability and willingness to navigate a global organization to get things done
- Ability to drive accountability throughout the organization in an trusting and open environment
- Customer oriented and externally focused