Senior Systems Engineer
Parkway Shenton Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987657
Employer Ref. SG04090
Senior Systems Engineer
- To install, implement and support systems.
- Meet Service Level Agreements for system available and performance
- Perform system activities check, health monitoring and troubleshooting of systems infrastructure including databases and application systems
- Installation and administration of systems infrastructure including databases and application systems
- Plan and install new operating system, application and database patches/upgrades, and apply security fixes if necessary.
- Plan and perform Database housekeeping activities
- Need to install and configure servers and Raid devices on a Storage Area Network environment.
- Administer the related systems such as Storage area network and manage the change management process.
- Require to assist others engineers in running data center operation
- To provide support to daily desktop operation.
- Require to provide monthly report on system performance, system uptime and utilization etc.
- Plan and perform enhancement and optimization on database or system related process using DB agent, Stored Procedures or programming scripts.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all network devices which include switches, routers, firewall and intrusion detection device, to ensure the network is running efficiently.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all network devices to ensure the security measures are effectively applied and maintained for intranet and internet segments
- Monitor and troubleshoot all operating systems to ensure the systems are running efficiently.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all operating systems to ensure the security measures are effectively applied and maintained
- Monitor and troubleshoot the email operation which includes the mail application and its related applications like Domain Names servers and Simple Mail Transfer Gateway.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the email application to ensure the security measures are effectively applied and maintained.
- Maintain network and servers polices like network and servers upgrade, purchases and inventory control in order to account for the hardware and software assets for the hospitals.
- Work together with the application support team to ensure the systems are running efficiently.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferable in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, with min 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Technical certifications such as MCSE, MSDBA, Oracle DB, CCNP preferred
- Experience in MS SQL / Oracle Database
- Good Knowledge in MS Wintel / Unix OS
- Experience and knowledge in configuring servers and RAID devices on Storage Area Network environment
- Ability to work well in a team with colleagues and vendors.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Enthusiasm and drive for continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Experience in IT security in managing Windows operating systems, security administering and database is an added advantage
About Parkway Shenton Pte Ltd
We are a leading healthcare organisation in Singapore with a team of professionals dedicated to providing the highest standard of quality care and services. If you share our commitment and possess the drive to excel, we would like you to join us as :