Senior Subtitling Executive, TV Ops – 1 Year Contract
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002961411
- Produce English close captions for Okto and CNA programmes
- Identify and correct spelling, punctuation and grammatical mistakes in TV scripts
- Improve the accuracy of the language in the captions, editing for clarity, conciseness and comprehension contextually without deviating substantially from the dialogue in the programme going on air; Identify local slangs (especially Singlish), colloquial speech or informal words/sentences and rewrite/restructure the sentences as required
- Produce timecodes to ensure captions sync with the programme
- Diploma or degree
- Have a strong command of English
- Meticulous with language and punctuation
- Familiar with local slangs/colloquialisms
- Enjoy watching TV programmes
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.