|Optimum Solutions, is a full spectrum Software Solutions and a Managed Services Company. The services from Optimum are designed to deliver Enterprise Client-Server/ Multi-tier and Web based solutions across the entire value chain, spanning on-site consulting services to turnkey software projects.|
We have got over 2200 consultants working with us and have developed into a rapidly growing, highly competitive and responsive firm with strong management, technical and financial resources and commitment to fully serve its clients in Singapore, USA, China, Malaysia, Philippines and India.
Professional Services - Since 1997, we have been providing IT consulting professionals to major national and local firms, Fortune 500, software integrator and software development companies, and major national and local consulting firms.
Managed Services group focuses on the comprehensive services on a managed mode- where the responsibility of delivery and Service Levels are undertaken by Optimum for providing a strong value to the customers.
This Service enables organizations to optimize overheads and realign focus of their internal resource towards core competency and value addition areas of the organization.
Software Applications & Services provides a wide range of services and turnkey solutions that run gamut from short-term focused services to long-term comprehensive, leading-edge solutions. The scope covers the end-to-end application platforms from legacy domains to web based applications.
Opportunities abound when you work @ Optimum, a World-Class Software Solutions and Service Provider. Our client list includes major Fortune 500 organizations. Our customers are primarily from Banking and Finance, Manufacturing, Distribution, Technology, Service and Healthcare verticals.
Senior Storage Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002989224
EA License No 07C3330
Optimum Solutions (Co. Reg #199700895N) is looking for a Senior Storage engineer for their banking projects
- End-to-end delivery to collaborate and work to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for storage and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring functional areas
- Improve storage utilization and efficiency to reduce operations risk
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and Technology Services management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery
- Storage provisioning and replication management for NAS infrastructure. Manage day to day operations in the steady state environment
- Assist in management and control the service delivery of outsourcer’s technical team of storage administrators
- Establish operation standard and guidelines
- Ensure the supportability of the firmware and software. Plan and lead upgrade projects
- Raise and review change requests. Supervise execution for major change where required
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning
- Automate system operation
- Track and drive patch management for storage software.Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability
- Conduct asset management and chargeback reporting
- Design and control access plans and matrix for infrastructure services and support personnel. Perform regular access review and validation
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply new technology and process to improve system operation, supportability, recoverability, availability and performance
- Provide operational excellence and skills on storage hardware and software to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations)
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers
- Support audit and compliance activities
- Conduct capacity planning and performance management
- Possess good technical knowledge of storage (NAS and SAN) hardware (Netapp, EMC) and system services (volume manager, file system, snapshot, replication, Timefinder, Solution Enabler, multipathing software)
- Experience in troubleshoot and performance tuning of storage
- Experience in implementing and operating storage cluster
- Information security knowledge.
- Data communication and network knowledge.