See Job Description
Senior Software Engineer, TV Media
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002955822
Employer Ref. 1600007E
You will be responsible to develop and deploy new applications on StarHub TV platform as well as to maintain and provide tier 3 support for all existing and new cable TV applications. Besides the daily operational duties, you are responsible to manage 3rd party applications vendors and servers.
- Responsible for develop & maintain applications running in StarHub Digital Set-top-Boxes & servers which includes VOD, interactive applications such as SGPools, SGX etc.
- Ability to work independently on all assigned projects and proactive in troubleshooting problems.
- Involved in all phases of product development life cycle includes design, develop, testing, debugging & customer support.
- Manage external vendors and internal stakeholders, standby for critical customer issues, other day-to-day operations and production support.
- Min Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Engineering or Science with at least 3 to 10 years in software engineering.
- SQL Programming (MYSQL/ MSSQL), knowledge of database administration.
- Experience in web servers such as Apache, Tomcat, IIS, JBoss, nginx.
- Experience in setup & troubleshooting Windows server & Linux OS.
- Good knowledge of HW such as Blade server, VM, Firewall, Load balancer, Switch, Router etc.
- High level understanding of technologies & protocols such as DVB-C, IPTV, OTT, CMS, DRM, CDN,
- NMS, Virtualization, Hyper-V, TCP/IP, VLAN, DLNA, RTSP, etc.
- Hands on experience in using Eclipse, Photoshop, subversion, MS Office, Splunk or similar tools.
- Have experienced running/ managing Projects.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.