Our flagship, Amara Singapore Hotel, is conveniently located in Singapore’s thriving Central Business District, next to the Tanjong Pagar MRT Station. This business hotel in Singapore is easily accessible by major transportation modes and within walking distance to the fascinating Chinatown, the Tanjong Pagar Conservation District, key office buildings, foreign and local banks, post offices, shops, as well as dining and entertainment establishments.
Senior/ Sales Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035648
Maximize catering sales revenue and ensure catering events are executed to guest satisfaction.
- Formulate effective sales plans to maximize catering revenue.
- Achieve sales targets for events sales revenue.
- Develop new business and manage existing accounts with a focus on building long term relationship.
- Partner with Assistant Director of Sales/Corporate Sales Manager (Guest Room) to promote Banquet packages for residential meeting events.
- Conduct site inspections with potential clients and provide necessary marketing collaterals and information.
- Follow – up with prospects via face to face or over phone within two days or within the agreed period.
- Prepare sales contracts and follow up on contract by engaging clients by ascertaining the customer’s requirements.
- Design and propose promotional packages for wedding and corporate events, every quarter.
- Coordinate event menus, staffing and implementation of all events and prepare Banquet Event Orders for timely dissemination to all relevant Departments.
- Conduct pre-event briefings.
- Introduce customers to Banquet Manager on day of event. Ad hoc checks on the event as and when necessary to ensure smooth operation.
- Email guests for feedback forms to gather their comments on the service. Collate and disseminate the findings to all relevant departments.
- Follow-up on deposits made and ensure all payments are cleared after event.
- Provide feedback to Assistant Director of Sales (Catering) on all sales- related activities.
- Manage team and their welfare and development. Coach and guide staff, especially new staff in daily operations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Deputise Assistant Director of Sales (Catering) in his/her absence.
- Support and uphold the company mission, vision and values.
- Maintain highest standards of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards staff and guests.
- Pleasant personality.
- Working knowledge of MS office applications and Hotel Systems.
- Strong problem solving and solutions provider.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator and negotiator.
- Strong event planning experience.
- Good team leadership skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing
- Minimum years 2-3 years of experience in hospitality.