CapitaENG – A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Senior/Sales Engineer (Fire Protection), up to S$6,000 / YTN
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035109
EA License No 08C2893
Develop and implement sales and business development strategies to ensure the business achieves its financial and business targets through direct input and management of the Sales team.
- Assess, plan and implement sales initiatives/objectives as directed by the business unit manager.
- Direct the business strategy to the sales representatives including pipeline measurement and action planning.
- Asses and implement appropriate sales reporting structures for the measurement of the sales team.
- Design and implement specific sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales targets including sales campaigns.
- Implement sales tools to support required sales outcomes.
- Achieve agreed sales budgets, revenue and gross profit.
- Provide sales forecasts for all sales members.
- Improve sales processes and reduce performance barriers. Provide performance feedback and recommendations to improve effectiveness of direct reports. Conduct annual performance reviews/appraisals.
- Responsible for the day to day management of staff performance.
- Develop and maintain an efficient, effective and cooperative work group by taking any corrective action required to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- Coaching and feedback to sales personnel and teams.
- Provide necessary sales training programs to maximise output from the sales team.
- Assess market potential of business development opportunities. Evaluate and monitor competitive activities and develop reliable market data. Recommend strategic defences and tactics.
- Co-ordinate strategic key client tender preparation and presentations to clients.
- Oversee the evaluation of pricing requirements and recommend selling/pricing strategies for business development efforts.
- Create business opportunities in the market via relationship marketing, business liaisons and business partnerships.
- Maintain effective relationships with current business partners, expanding product offers and providing new solutions.
Education and Experience:
- A diploma qualification to degree level or equivalent is preferred. Mechanical or electrical engineering, management, marketing and sales disciplines are desired.
- The Sales Manager must have at least 7 years of sales experience in the fire protection system service & installation industries, of which a minimum of 3 years involve management of direct reports. They also must have a high degree of team leadership, working with other department managers, computer literacy, and strong sales management skills.
- Current drivers licence and own transport.
- Can deal comfortably with more senior managers
- Can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness and calculates the best approach
- Understands how senior managers think and work
- Is good at establishing clear directions
- Sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner
- Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results
- Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses.
- Is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics.