ABOUT WSP | PARSONS BRINCKERHOFF
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We bring together a unique pool of technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. The depth of our expertise and advice spans across the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With approximately 34,000 talented people in 500 offices across 40 countries, we are uniquely positioned to deliver successful and sustainable projects, wherever our clients need us. http://www.wsp-pb.com/
Senior Resident Engineers/Resident Engineers (Civil & Structural) - Job ID 27317
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002984032
- To ensure that the construction, civil, building works are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications and the Building Control Act and Regulations.
- To monitor and report on the progress of works.
- To carry out inspection of civil and structural engineering, works prior to concreting or subsequent construction works
- To supervise concreting, pavement, drainage construction work
- To carry out checks on compaction and curing of concrete
- To carry out checks on striking of formwork, re-props and removal of props
- To carry out checks on quality & erection of precast components
- To check on structural steel works
- To carry out inspection on defects rectification works.
- To manage and supervise the Resident Engineer (if any) and Resident Technical Officer under his charge
- To ensure that records of all civil and structural engineering works, including records of tests, defect rectification, inspections, work progress, material and equipment on site, safety, etc, are timely updated and properly kept.
- To liaise with all relevant authorities.
- To verify reports and claims submitted by contractors.
- To inspect and take over completed works and report defects.
- To adhere to the shift duty roster assigned by the Consultant or Chief Resident Engineer.
- To undertake any other duties including administrative tasks related to the project as and when instructed by the Superintending Officer, Consultant
Minimum 8 years (SRE) and 5 years (RE) of relevant experience in supervision of roads, pavements, soil improvement works
- Possess a Civil and Structural Engineering degree recognised by the Professional Engineers Board of Singapore
- Accredited with the Joint Accreditation Committee of the Institution of Engineers Singapore and the Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore
- Able to lead site staff to monitor, supervise and inspect works as directed by CAG and/or the project consultants
- Possess good leadership qualities, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Conversant with statutory code and requirements for site supervision, quality control procedures, construction administration and submission of progress report
- Possess strong supervision and leadership skills
- Must be willing to do shift work
We invite qualified applicants to apply online at http://www.wsp-pb.com/
Click on “CAREERS”, “JOB OPPORTUNITIES”, search by Job ID/Country and submit resume with present & expected salary and contact details.
Competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidates. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.