CBRE Asia Pacific is an integral part of CBRE Group, the world's largest commercial real estate services firm. Over 7,800 professionals focus on the alignment of our clients' overall business objectives with their real estate requirements. The Asia Pacific region comprises 87 offices (excluding affiliates) across Australia, New Zealand, India, Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore and Greater China including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. We work together to provide unparalleled tools and resources, leverage, credibility, market coverage and local expertise.
Senior Project Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003027605
Employer Ref. 5347
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports
status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of projects & project management within the context of business results (business case, larger economic implications, business risk, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values. Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum six years of related experience and/or training. Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.